Thread: How do you backup your ipod music?

How do you backup your ipod music?

Hi guys, I’m new here! Just wanna say hello and hope to gain some experience from you. I wanna download some new music but my ipod is almost running out of space. I really don’t wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?

re: How do you backup your ipod music?

Yes you can backup them. What iPod you are having with you. Is it Apple iPod or something different. If it is an Apple iPod then you can try the following solution. There are software like CopyTrans4 which can copy the files from your iPod to your pc. There is a manual way also for this. It is for Windows based system. Connect the iPod to your pc and then run iTunes. Click on sync. Now go in Control Panel and click on Portable Media Device. Click on the iPod. Now in My Computer go to Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folder. Now inside your Portable Media Device you can see the iPod. Open and navigate to Music folder. Copy the files from here.

Re: How do you backup your ipod music?

Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it’s easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
    But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.