Thread: Android Tablet ASUS TF101 is failing to connect wirelessly intermittently

Android Tablet ASUS TF101 is failing to connect wirelessly intermittently

I have recently bought Android Tablet ASUS TF101 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is failing to connect wirelessly intermittently on the next reboot after sleep, I have tried Unpluging the DIR615 and replugging it again and it seems to be helping but then only till the next time, I have also found the Tablet to be sowing weak signal unless I am rebooting the router, I have made sure that it is not that far from the router and even after that it is failing to connect wirelessly sometimes, to provide you some more information the router firmware is 3.11NA and the hardware is C1 in my case, I have tried using ACER WIN-7 PC and I am not having any such issues with the same and that is the reason why I am not able to track out the cause of this issues, is there anyone who can help me out in fixing this issue??

Re: Android Tablet ASUS TF101 is failing to connect wirelessly intermittently

I have recently bought Android Tablet ASUS TF101 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is failing to connect wirelessly intermittently on the next reboot after sleep, I have tried Unpluging the DIR615 and replugging it again and it seems to be helping but then only till the next time, I have also found the Tablet to be sowing weak signal unless I am rebooting the router, I have made sure that it is not that far from the router and even after that it is failing to connect wirelessly sometimes, to provide you some more information the router firmware is 3.11NA and the hardware is C1 in my case, I have tried using ACER WIN-7 PC and I am not having any such issues with the same and that is the reason why I am not able to track out the cause of this issues, is there anyone who can help me out in fixing this issue??
    In that case I just wanted to know the following things so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well:
    • Which wireless mode you are using? You can check it out Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
    • Have you tried using single mode G or mixed G and N?
    • Try setting the Channel Width for Auto 20/40Mhz, if you want then you can try 20Mhz only as well
    • Try setting the channel to a open or unused channel manually
    • Which security mode you are using, is it WPA-Personal or WPA2/AES Only, I have found that Some of the WiFi adapters are not having support for AES, so if you are having the same case then can try TPIK only or Auto.
    • Is there any other wireless devices that you have connected to the router
    • Is there any other WiFi routers in the area, if you are not aware then you can jus Use InSSIDer to find out the same
    • You can also try out Turning off Short GI, WLAN Partition as well as Extra Wireless Protection Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

Just check these things out and then let me know the response that you get for them for further help.

Re: Android Tablet ASUS TF101 is failing to connect wirelessly intermittently

I am having the below setting which was by default and I have not yet made any changes to the same:
    • 802.11 mode ... mixed n,g,b
    • Access Channel ... 2.437 GHz chan 6
    • Channel Width ... Auto 20/40
    • Security MOde ... WPA Personal
    • WPA Mode ... WPA Only
    • Cipher Type ... TKIP and AES
    • Key Update Interval 3600 sec

I am having ASUS ANDROID (ICS) TABLET as well as ACER WIN-7 based PC connected to the Wireless but then I am just having this issue with Tablet, I have tried running Inssider but then it is just showing one WI-FI network, I have tried changing the Channel Width from 20/40 to 20 and it is appearing to be solving the issue but then when I am changing it to Auto 20/40 the issue is starting again, so does that mean I will have to start using Channel Width 20 rather than Auto 20/40 which is by default??