Thread: After deleting an app from iPod touch what happens with the app data

After deleting an app from iPod touch what happens with the app data

I have been using iPod touch from a long time and I am not having any such issues with the same but then I just wanted to know that After deleting an app from iPod touch then what happens with the app data, I mean that I have just deleted the Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and it had said that "Deleting 'Asphalt 6 Adrenaline' will also delete it of all of its data" but then when I checked out in the settings> general> usage> manage storage ad from the backup I found the date to be saved from sound hound , I had deleted it before but then I am still able to see their settings to be stored, I am not having any issues with the same but then I just wanted to add that how come will I know when the data related to the app will be sorted out?? I have found that there are some apps that have saved their data in icloud even though I had deleted them previously, I remember that when I had deleted the Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and had installed it again then all the data were gone, so here I just wanted to know if there is a way by which we can store the data in the icloud, I think that they are decided by the developers but then I am not very sure about the same, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can clear my doubt??

re: After deleting an app from iPod touch what happens with the app data

In that case I will like to inform you that when a app is deleted then their respective date gets deleted as well but then if you are having backup which you might have made by sync to iTunes before the date of removal then the data will be there for sure and here the application data which are backed up to iTunes can be restored by making a full restore on your iPod touch, If you just tick mark the app(s) that you might be willing to add to your iPod touch in iTunes then it will not be transferring the backed-up app data of the app(s) to your iPod touch, if you do so then you will be just installing the apps, I have already tried out the same and I am quite sure about that, I have found that some apps allows the user for storing the app data in the device or in the iCloud, just to explain the same case if you are having an app and if you have decided to store the app data into the cloud but then later you delete it then the app will be gone but then as the app data is stored in the cloud and if you are willing to get the same app again then you will just have to install the app and then provide the required information for the app so as to get the data back from iCloud and when you do the same then the app will be back to its place, hope that clears your doubt but then if you have any further questions regarding the same then let me know I will try to clear out them as well.

I just want to add the below two points to the same:
    • Yes you will have to use that backup and you won’t have to reinstall the app simply, the above users is right saying that it restores all your things.
    • The other thing that I wanted to share is that the apps that are stored in internet say skype are stored under our account and if you will install the same app on any device then it will be loading from the information’s that will be in your account but then the same does not follow when you are using iCloud syncing. Just correct me if anyone out here thinks that I am wrong at this point, I have tried out the same as well and even I am quite sure about it. Anyways I think that we both have cleared your doubts here, do you want to know anything else regarding this??

Thank to you both for your quick response, I just wanted to add that I am aware of what you said, I mean that for apps like Skype, Facebook, Google+, etc they app data are just linked to our accounts of their services but then the SoundHound seems to be having a different case, just check this out:

I think that the SoundHound allows the user for storing the app data up in the cloud, to explore the same if I am having an iPad as well as an iPhone and If I have used the same apple id for installing the SoundHound and on the other hand if I am enabling the iCloud for saving the tagged songs and bookmarks then the tag history as well as the bookmarks will be appearing on ipad and iPhone both no matter which device I have used for tagging the songs and this is so because I am using the same Apple ID on both devices where as the app date gets stored in iCloud, I have not yet tried out the same but the I think that that’s the way it works, what do you both think about this?? any further suggestion on the same will be appreciated.