Thread: Backup contacts in Galaxy S

Backup contacts in Galaxy S

I have recently purchased Samsung galaxy S. I have not use any android phone. I want to save my contacts to my SIM card or a file from which I can copy on my PC or save my phone contacts to my google can anyone tell me how can I get backup of my contacts?

Re: Backup contacts in Galaxy S

It is very easy to get the backup of your contact. You can use some software which is available on the internet. If you want to use software for backup your contacts then I recommend you to use the Backup Contacts software which is freely available internet. You will find this software in Android Market. This software is easy to use you can copy the contacts to your SD card, dropbox. You can also create file of the contacts and send as email attachment. Sync to your Google, Outlook and backup your contact and save the file in your PC.

You can simply backup your contact in your google account or export it to sim card. First go to contacts and in that you will find various options, select the import/export option. Select where you want to export the contact. If you want to take backup in your sim card then select sim card. For exporting the contacts to your google account you have to sync the phone with your gmail account. After the synchronization is complete you can check whether the contacts have been properly synced or not. Check it from your PC in your gmail account. For exporting contacts in sim card just select sim card option and it will be automatically exported to your sim card. You can check it by selecting the view contacts from options and selecting sim card. This will view all the contacts present in the sim card.

I suggest you to use Very Android Contact Backup software to copy your contacts to your computer. This will help you in transferring the contacts from your android device to computer. Export contacts to vcard file or csf file or even txt file with this software. Transfer the contacts from other devices to your android device . You can set ringtones or picture in contacts in your computer also with this software. Manage contacts properly in computer. To use this software it is very easy you just have to following the steps.

- Connect your android phone to your computer.
    - Run the software in your PC after connecting the device, it will ask you to choose or enter your account name, enter your account name and proceed further.
    - Back up your contacts by going to menu, then go to sync after then backup my contact, by selecting backup my contact it will start backup.
    - When the backup is complete it gives a message that successfully backup contact.
    - Finally done with the backup now you can manage your contacts in computer.

To backup contacts in any android device is very easy. Backup by using People application or by syncing your device with your Gmail account. Easily backup contact by following steps.
    - Run the people application from your android phone.
    - Select the menu button.
    - In that select import/export.
    - Choose where you want to export for e.g. to SD card select SD card.
    - After completion of the backup you can transfer your contacts to your PC also by using the same steps as mentioned above.
    - And for importing the contacts from your SD card follow the same steps.
    For backup with your Gmail account .Follow the steps
    - Go to Menu
    - Select settings
    - In setting go to Accounts & Sync option
    - Select add account and enter your Gmail account id where you want to sync.
    - After entering your id select contacts from various options available.
    - The phone will make a backup copy of it so that when you need it you have it from your account.