Thread: Samsung Galaxy S won’t turn on sometimes

Samsung Galaxy S won’t turn on sometimes

This is a problem that is happening with my galaxy s from sometime. I have been noticing that my galaxy s does not turn on when I hit the screen for unlocking. Sometime I have to remove the sim card and the battery, then place them back and then start the phone. Then the phone starts. I don’t understand why is it behaving so strangely is it something to do with the age of the phone because the phone is almost 1 and a half year old now. What do you all think what can be the main reason why the phone isn’t turning on?

Whatever your advise is on the issue please help me out as soon as possible it would e really helpful for me that’s all I can say here.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S won’t turn on sometimes

Not because of the life of the phone one and a half year is ok. I don’t think so that has to be the reason why the phone is behaving in such a way. I just want to know if you are using some kind of high resolution wallpaper in your phone. I don’t know I might be wrong over here but some wallpapers give such kind of problem where the phone just refuse to start up. So I would say just try disabling the lock screen and then see if that makes any kind of difference or not. also if possible then try changing the wallpaper that you are using for the phone and then see if that makes any kind of difference or not. do let me know if this suggestion does gives you any kind of difference or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    Not because of the life of the phone one and a half year is ok. I don’t think so that has to be the reason why the phone is behaving in such a way. I just want to know if you are using some kind of high resolution wallpaper in your phone. I don’t know I might be wrong over here but some wallpapers give such kind of problem where the phone just refuse to start up. So I would say just try disabling the lock screen and then see if that makes any kind of difference or not. also if possible then try changing the wallpaper that you are using for the phone and then see if that makes any kind of difference or not. do let me know if this suggestion does gives you any kind of difference or not.
    Thanks a lot for the advise that you gave but the thing is that I don’t use any kind of lock screen for this phone and also talking about the wallpaper for this phone then I must say that I do make use of only standard wallpapers being provided by the Samsung and nothing else. So I don’t have any other wallpaper that I make use for my phone because I have that much brains that if the problem is with the display of the phone then I wont be making use of such kind of high intensity wallpapers in my phone. I would be taking care of that for sure.

I am planning to report this phone once to the service center and will get a detailed report about the phone. there can be some complications with the battery as well as with the phone. so I am thinking to better get it inspected there and solve the problem. Anyways thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Thanks a lot for the advise that you gave but the thing is that I don’t use any kind of lock screen for this phone and also talking about the wallpaper for this phone then I must say that I do make use of only standard wallpapers being provided by the Samsung and nothing else. So I don’t have any other wallpaper that I make use for my phone because I have that much brains that if the problem is with the display of the phone then I wont be making use of such kind of high intensity wallpapers in my phone. I would be taking care of that for sure.

I am planning to report this phone once to the service center and will get a detailed report about the phone. there can be some complications with the battery as well as with the phone. so I am thinking to better get it inspected there and solve the problem. Anyways thanks for your input.
    Wait bro if that is the case then I would ask you to do a factory reset on your phone. I will be telling you some of the steps over here make sure you follow them and let me know if that gives you any kind of difference or not.

1) Press and hold the following 3 buttons, volume up + Home + power buttons together.

2) Hold these 3 buttons until the Samsung logo comes up. Once you can see the Samsung logo leave the power button.

3) Now a red colored menu should be appearing in the phone ionce you see the menu leave the rest of the two buttons.

4) Select wipe factory data reset option. Once done with that reboot the phone. your phone is reset.

Now check if the same problem repeats or not. make sure you do the necessary backup of all the data in your phone because you will be loosing all the data in the process. Do keep this in your mind and prceed accordingly.