Thread: Airtel 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

Airtel 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

I need help to find 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. I stay in Mumbai and found difficulty to enable 3G on the mobile phone. I had seen my friends are using the same on other models of Samsung phones. It works nice. My phone is android and has feature to configure the gprs settings. But what to add I am not aware of. I tried searching on web to find appropriate information on the same, but that also does not work. Can anyone one provide intact settings which actually work. I had activated the 3G service on my sim and confirmed with customer care. They said it is working fine from their end. So I also cannot blame the service provider for the issue. I need to find some different settings to enable 3G on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. Thanks.

Re: Airtel 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

You will required proper APN information to enable 3G on your phone. Basically if you can call and ask the customer care people they will provide you a sms which will deliver the 3G settings on your phone itself. You just need to save the sms that's all. That is the easiest way and if that does not work you can use the following settings. This is common for 2G service also and works in many android phone. Now after verifying that 3G is activated in your sim card you can do the following. Go in Settings and then click on Wireless & Networks. Then go in Mobile Network and click on Access Point Names. Here the access point differs as per phone and service provider. You have to find this settings. I am giving the default settings for Airtel 3G. Now create on New Access Point and add the following information. In Name type Airtel. Then in APN type airtelgprs.com. In APN Type add Internet. Leave other stuff blank. Thats all. Save the settings. Your 3G should work now.

Are you able to see a 3G symbol in the notification bar at the top. What is mentioned there. If it is E it is for Edge and if it is G it is for GPRS. Just ensure that you can see near the network icon. This icon notifies the kind of internet service working in your phone. I think you call the customer care and ask for help. Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus is a popular phone and surely they will have the proper APN configuration for the same.

I have some more to share here. I am providing some settings here which I had seen in my friends phone. You can check if this works for your phone or not. Go again in Wireless & Networks and then in Name - Airtel, APN - airtelgprs.com, Proxy - 202.56.231.117, Port - 8080, User Name - leave as it is, Password - leave as it is, Server - leave as it is, MMSC - leave as it is, MMS Proxy - leave as it is, MMS Protocol - leave as it is, MCC - 404, MNC - 10, Authentication Type - leave as it is and APN Type - leave as it is. Add all the values entered manually and done. Or if this does not work then SMS 3G to 121.

Re: Idea 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

It is simple to activate Idea 3G also here. For that send ACT3G sms to 12345. If this does not work then you can also send 3G to 54777. You will receive the settings on the phone automatically. Or else if you want to setup the same manually then you will need to go in Settings > Wireless & Networks > and add Name - Idea, APN - internet and leave other blank. If this settings does not work then follow the below one:
    • Operator : IDEA
    • APN : imis/internet
    • Access Number : *99# or *99***#
    • Username : [blank]
    • Password : [blank]
    • Authentication Type : normal
    • Proxy : Enable
    • Proxy address : 10.4.42.45
    • Port : 8080
    • Data Bearer : GPRS/PACKET DATA

Re: Vodafone 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

I have Vodafone 3G settings for Android phones. Guys if this does not work call the customer care guys and make the work. First to activate 3G you will need to send a sms ACT 3G to 144 (Prepaid) and to 111 for Postpaid. Or else you can try manual apn settings also. For that check the below settings:
    • Operator Vodafone
    • APN www
    • Access Number *99***1#
    • Username [blank]
    • Password [blank]
    • Authentication Type normal
    • Proxy off/Disable
    • Proxy address [blank]
    • Port [blank]
    • Data Bearer PACKET DATA
    • DNS1 [blank]
    • DNS2 [blank]

Re: Aircel 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

If you are using Aircell then you can go with the following settings. The process is same by sending a sms to activate the service. Send START 3G to 121. If you want to check that your phone will support 3G or not then send CHECK 121 to 121. The APN settings for the same are :
    Operator - AIRCEL
    APN (preapaid) - aircelgprs.pr
    APN (postpaid) - aircelgprs.po
    Access Number - *99***1#
    Username - [blank]
    Password - [blank]
    Authentication Type - normal
    Proxy - Enable
    Proxy address - 192.168.035.201
    Port - 8081
    Data Bearer - PACKET DATA

Re: TATA Docomo 3G settings for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

Got some reference threads to get TATA DOCOMO 3G APN settings. You can click here to find more appropriate settings. There is one more thread - TATA DOCOMO 3G APN setting for Android and Windows mobile phone which provide similar information.