Thread: Unable to connect a HDTV to aluminum Macbook using Mini displayport to HDMI adapter

Unable to connect a HDTV to aluminum Macbook using Mini displayport to HDMI adapter

Bought a new Aluminum Macbook for myself but the main concerned for me to get Macbook was to successfully connect it to my 32 inch RCA HDTV. I somehow managed to wired the Macbook with the HDTV but seems like I failed to establish the connection. Nothing is being displayed on the screen. Tried number of things but nothing worked till now, tried detect display, then I also restarted the system. Unplugged and then plugged in the wires, switched off and on the TV too but nothing helped me in anyways. Right now I am running Snow Leopard on my Macbook and let me tell you that I already tried the same connection process with the same TV before with no issues on Leopard. You know previously the same connection with Leopard use to take hardly 10 to 15 minutes but then after I switched to Snow Leopard the result is null, never been able to successfully establish the connection. Is there anyone with a suitable suggestion of making a successful connection between the Macbook and the HDTV?

Re: Unable to connect a HDTV to aluminum Macbook using Mini displayport to HDMI adapter

At least I can say that you are not the only one with this question; there are already numbers of people who have the same connection issue with the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter not working. After reading out other users negative experience I decided to try it by myself and unfortunately I landed up with the same negative experience. The connection was unable to establish until I went with the Mini DisplayPort to apple branded DVI and from then DVI to HDMI after that an immediate success was faced by me. The main issue with the process is that either it works or it doesn’t works at all. at one side its one of the biggest feature of the process whereas on other side it could be the biggest point for the failure. This is not an issue that can be sorted out with some settings being changed or a trick that could get it work with what you have already done. However if the connection is not being establish then surely there is something wrong with these adapters. Don’t give up you can probably get it fixed if checked the adapter connection properly.

Re: Unable to connect a HDTV to aluminum Macbook using Mini displayport to HDMI adapter

I have found a way out that actually works for me. I am whether this trick will work in your case or not but it certainly worked in my situation. If you have the adapter that is plugged into your Macbook and not into the HDMI cable, once you plugged in the adapter just turn on your TV and then plug in your HDMI into the adapter and then everything is fine, surely your monitor i.e. your TV would work properly with your laptop. This trick works almost all the time as it do in my case. Just try it out and let me know the result please.

I would have really appreciated if would have somehow worked in my case. What you normally do if your own suggestion doesn’t work at all? in my case it doesn’t work, instead what happened was the light blue kind of blanket fell upon the laptop monitor and therefore it went off to the previous way it was and also the HDTV remained blank with no difference. I can simply see a mini trend. Let me tell you that these 32” TV sets are not likely 720 nor 1080 but are much similar to 768 and therefore they are not official HD even if they will work at these sizes. As the set is said to be reported back on the HDMI cable there bound to be a confusion due to which it would be very much difficult to get a desirable 1:1 pixel display so therefore we should be probably be able to force 720 or 1080 or what so ever he TV is going to accept it.

I have a MacBook Pro with a Monoprice Mini-DP to HDMI, even if I try to change the order of the cable that I have plugged in the result remains the same. Blue screen is bound to appear on my Macbook pro screen for a small fraction seconds as already mentioned by me. Once done with the macbook now the HDTV shuts off and then cycles more than 3 times with 3 blue screens and 3 TV reset. Then suddenly it stops and therefore returns the screen on the Mac to normal, the screen on the TV however stays back.

I got a mini-display port to HDMI cable for me from abroad, however I was lucky enough to bring a mini display port to DVI also for the purpose of projector. The only work around suggested to me from my friend was to run the mini display port to DVI and my old DVi to HDMI cable into the projector. And regarding the pure mini-display port to HDMI, the HDMI to HDMI new cable link actually doesn’t works at all until and unless the notebook is opened. I am sure that Apple will surely noticed or address this problem in their new few software update releases as the mini-display port to HDMI is not official or maybe there are chances that they could expand their support to some generic cables.
    One of my friend got a monoprice mini display to HDMI with USB sound and it didn’t work, quite irriated. On the adapter there are instance when the red LED on the adapter lights, also the TV mentioned that there is no single.

I have a Monoprice miniDisplayPort+USB Audio to HDMI adapter that is plugged into a standard HDMI cable which is again connected to an old Sanyo 30” widescreen CRT monitor with an HDMI input. Now the thing is that nothing is able to view on the TVs HDMI input until and unless I try to plug in the second monitor. And at that point of time also mirroring is somehow trying to turn on automatically. With the help of the external monitor I have managed to set the Mac mini’s display settings to 720P, 60Hz is default as overscan and if this overscan is turned off the display resolution resets to 420P. Experience with 1080i is not so happening as it displays a chopper and flickering desktop which is unusable, also the 1080P doesn’t displays any signal. Is there anyone who knows why this second monitor is necessary in order to get the TV display an image. While trying to hook up my Mac Mini to a 37" Samsung LED TV using the Monoprice mini DisplayPort + USB Audio to HDMI Adapter work very well and smoothly. The Sanyo CRT TV which I have somehow needs to be fed through a combination of DVI to HDMI Adapter as suggested. If I do not do so Mac Mini is definitely not going to be displayed on the CRT TV through the mini DisplayPort adapter.

From past 6 months I have been using my Monoprice mini displayport to HDMI adapter without facing any issues but recently from past two days this adapter won’t display my computer screen on my TV. Tried out many other different sequences by connecting the adapter but nothing worked. Also tried changing the resolution in System Preferences, over there in Display, to 1080i and guess what changing resolution did worked very well. The only thing confusing me is that if these changes were definitely required for it to work then how come it was working from past 6 months with no such issue. One of my friends was also experiencing the exact same issue, and as obvious after making the changes in to the resolution fixed this problem.