Thread: Cannot run whatsapp in Nokia X2-01

Cannot run whatsapp in Nokia X2-01

I have got this phone long time back and now I want to install this new application called as Whatsapp in my phone so I was just wondering how many of you all succeeded in successfully installing this app and running it in the phone? I downloaded this application and installed it successfully. But when I send some messages to the contacts then it is showing some clock sign and the message is not getting send. So what I did was uninstalled the application and then installed it back again in the phone. Still the same problem with the whatsapp in the phone. the clock is coming up and the message is not getting sent to the respective contacts what do you all think what could have been the problem with this phone, do you all have any idea about it. actually I am using tata docomo as the service provider in the phone and this is a S40 phone. so does this phone being a S40 causes the whatsapp to not run successfully in the phone or is it something else what do you all think about the same. I have tried everything that is possible with me but still the same case. I want the whatsapp to run as fine as it is doing in my friends phone. Please suggest me some steps or methods by which I can run it successfully. I am waiting for the response please reply.

Re: Cannot run whatsapp in Nokia X2-01

The fact that it is a S40 phone is not the factor by which you cannot run whatsapp in the phone. many S40 phones can support and run this application successfully I don’t know what is the problem with your phone. if you check out the official site of whatsapp then there also it is clearly mentioned that Nokia X2-01 is in the supported list of phones but I don’t know if your carrier is supporting that application or not because tata docomo comes under the list of unsupported carriers list. That’s why you need to look out for the same. for once visit your local tata docomo gallery and ask them whether tata docomo does not supports this application or not. you will get a better answer from them on this. I have answered out the query do have a look at it.

I don’t think so carrier has any kind of role to play over here on whatsapp not working with the phone. because one of my friends owns the same phone and he also has a tata docomo connection in it and he never complained anything about the problem. In fact for him whats app works out very smoothly in it. so I don’t think so you can give that as a reason for whatsapp not working in your phone. however if you ask me then I would ask you to check out the network settings and see if everything is proper or not. get the gprs pack activated in your phone. whatsapp is a such application that requires internet connection round the clock, so it is very important for you to have the gprs pack activated in the phone. one more thing you need to check is you don’t have the minimum balance in the phone. if you are having minimum balance then your phone will refuse to run this application. Also try updating the firmware of the phone to the latest version and see if that does makes any kind of difference or not. do pay some attention to the points that I have mentioned out here it will be very important for you and if needed then pay a visit to the local tata docomo gallery and have your phone checked. Mostly they would give you some advise on how to run the application in your phone. they will get a better knowledge of the phone by holding it in their hands and they can advise you accordingly. We over here cannot do such things so that’s why I advise you if nothing works out then show it to the tata docomo gallery. It will be worth.

Yes even I think Tata docomo has no role to play in such things. One more thing you said is about updating the phone then sorry I cant update the phone. I am happy with the current firmware that I am having for the phone thats why I wont update it with the latest firmware. I have visited various forums of nokia and there many people have complained about the shortcomings of this updated firmware so that’s why I have decided to stay away from the updated version of the firmware. One right thing you said is to show the phone to the tata docomo yes guys out there will be having a better knowledge of the same. a few days back there was some problem with the net connection in tata docomo where we couldn’t opened up any site from the opera browser. Well that case has been solved but does it have anything in relation with my whatsapp not working in the phone? any idea about that?

Talking about the gprs pack then I have already activated the gprs pack in the phone then what is the need of activating it again. I don’t think so there is any need to do that. I have already done a Rs.39 recharge in which we get a 2GB data usage, plus Rs.15 TT and it hasn’t expired yet. That’s why I don’t think so there is any need to recharge or something. Still if you have any replies left for me then you can please share it with me. I would be happy to hear it from you.

No dude the recent problem of tata docomo with the opera browser has nothing to do with the problem that you are facing now, the opera browser access was turned off by docomo people to do some testing purpose and it is over now everything is working fine. Do one thing Follow the steps that I have given here make some changes in the network settings and I am sure it will work out for you because the same was the problem with me some days back and I read somewhere about this particular settings and whola! It worked for me that’s why I am suggesting you the same thing here as well. give a try and revert me back if that helped you or not. I am sure it will do

- go to menu and then in that settings.
    - Then to the configuration option.
    - Check out for the Default config settings in that select Tata docomo internet.
    - Go back from there you will get another option below called as preferred access points SELECT Tata Docomo internet out there.
    - Go back from there and then select default in all apps. Option as well.

Do revert me back if that works or not.

i did da same thng wit da internet settngs bt stil cnt wrk out...i am using nokia c3-00 n tata docomo on it...others cn c me online i cn see dem online bt i cnt send o recv msgs...

Quote Originally Posted by saurabhnew2net View Post
    i did da same thng wit da internet settngs bt stil cnt wrk out...i am using nokia c3-00 n tata docomo on it...others cn c me online i cn see dem online bt i cnt send o recv msgs...
    In that case i just wanted to know if you have tried reinstalling whatsapp to check out if it is making any difference, if not then reinstall it and then configure it with the required internet setting again and then let me know what response you are getting.

Many times I deleted the entire thing and re-installed but the server simply shows that it is disconnected by other websites like facebook and ebuddy messenger works fine. I do not understand what is the problem with whatsapp.
    Last edited by Raj; 04-05-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Fixed Grammaticall Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by saurabhnew2net View Post
    Many times I deleted the entire thing and re-installed but the server simply shows that it is disconnected by other websites like facebook and ebuddy messenger works fine. I do not understand what is the problem with whatsapp.
    There are possibilities that you might be having a corrupt download, from which site you have installed whatsapp?? try different site like software12, getjar and so and see if they are helping.