Thread: Is HTC One S available with S-ON or S-Off?

Is HTC One S available with S-ON or S-Off?

I know these words S-On and S-off are quite confusing for any new users. So when I did some research In the internet about the same I got to know that for every phone S-off should be essential for the development purpose. Wherein S-OFF means that the NAND portion of the device is unlocked and can be written to. While if a device is S-on then that means that you will not be able to access any part of the system in short you can’t do anything which I have mentioned above. So I am very excited to know that this new HTC One S phone is available in S-ON or S-Off? If it is available in S-ON then it will be a problem for the development. I am just hoping that this phone is not sold as S-ON because that will hamper a lot of sales of this phone particularly.

Anyways whoever who has got this new phone can anyone confirm on this? Please let me know.

Re: Is HTC One S available with S-ON or S-Off?

I think 99% of the htc one s phones will come with the S-ON. However htc people are smart they would be enabling a feature by which you can turn it to S-OFF. You can very well do that with the help of the official HTC website.

So whatever phones that we are getting as of now are S-ON only but later on you can convert that phone and make it as S-OFF. Still a phone being a S-ON or S-OFF does not matter to me anymore because many websites might have also developed the custom H-BOOT/Recovery for the phone. all such things you can find out in the XDA itself. So it does not matter if the phone is S-ON or S-OFF. I hope I have answered out the query of yours, anything else that you need to know then please do feel free to ask here.