Thread: LED Notification in HTC One S?

LED Notification in HTC One S?

I come to know that the HTC one S is now available in our neighborhood store. I would like to get one as soon as possible. The specs seem to be extremely good and contains all my needs. There is no indication about the LED notification yet. Do you think that will is there one?

Re: LED Notification in HTC One S?

Yes, the LED notification is available in HTC one S and it is hidden beneath the speaker mesh. I didn’t see it working yet because I have not enabled it. By default it may be disabled. I completely agree that this LED indicator is not as visible as some other phones. But it is definitely fine.

I also find that this LED light is not visible enough. LED light is coming out of a tiny hole of the speaker and sometimes it is not completely visible or difficult to see. The problem is due to the size of the hole. The LED on my HTC one S shows colors red/orange and green. The orange LED shines through the whole battery-loading-process and it turns to green only if the battery is full at 100%. I don’t know what color is for the notifications. I will look for it very soon.

I am also using the HTC One S and the LED blinks when I receive any notification like text/sms, missed call, Email or any other. The problem is when I receive any notification, the LED blinks only for couple of minutes and then it stops. I tried to use the missed reminder but it didn’t work. Is there any other good app which will show LED notification for text messages? Do you think that the missed text reminder works and do you have any other suggestions?

Yes I have seen that the LED blinks green for text message notifications. But the odd thing is, I couldn’t able to find a way to change the color anyhow. HTC might not have included this option. If it is available we can surely unlock it using any other compatible app for LED notifications. Moreover I want to clear out some things regarding it. When you change the phone, you will see a solid amber light on LED. So there are notifications. When the phone completely charged the LED changes to solid green light and when you plug the phone, you will not have a blinking notification. When the batter becomes low, then also the LED won’t glow.

As you know that HTC One S is running android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I really don’t have any idea about how the LED notifications happen with this new operating system. I assume that due to power saving feature, the LED stops blinking after a certain period of time. But Android must have settings to customize these Notifications so that will know what you have received like text message, email, mms etc. There could be apps available on Play store but I don’t know how well they can work with Android 4.o ICS.