Thread: No Connection after installing 4th Logitech Alert camera

No Connection after installing 4th Logitech Alert camera

now this is my 4th Logitech Alert camera that I have bought at my place. Already I have connected 3 cameras that are working great without causing any issue, these three cameras are working from past 1 year and recently I planned to go for the 4th one and hence somehow bought it. Connected this new 4th camera with all other 3 ones and fortunately got it fixed and also I am able to get pictures from all the four cameras and I must say that the power line signals are looking damn strong and powerful. After the 2nd day of the installation I was recommended by the commander that the new camera that I have installed needs a software update. Following the instruction I updated the required software but I was not aware that updating the software is going to cost me so much, I was into a huge mess after I performed the update, I found that only those other three cameras were able to show up the pictures whereas the 4th camera was not at all visible in the commander. When researched found that the issue was related to the missing camera which was somewhere related to the IP issue so therefore I decided to go for IP problem procedure. What exactly I did was unplugged the cameras and then unplugged the powerline bridge. After doing so I power cycle the router, when the router was activated I plugged in the powerline bridge and at last plugged the cameras one by one sequentially. Guess what? After following this lengthy procedure I found only one camera in the commander which was quite shocking, therefore I decided to go for the IP procedure once again and this time after the completion I found only 0 cameras which was even more shocking, till now I have tried out the procedure some 10 to 20 times but the result is the same, no cameras connected to the commander. Now I am really very much worried please help me out, what should I do to get everything to the normal position.

Re: No Connection after installing 4th Logitech Alert camera

I guess you took the right decision but probably not correct steps. There is no doubt that you did exactly the same that a normal person would have done in place of you. Just let me know whether you can see any powerline adapters when you go into a diags. You must have rebooted your router but somewhere it looks like the IP is conflicting of some kind same like the DHCP server giving duplicated IP addresses. Also let me know what color the activity lights on the bottom shows. Anyways if possible just let me know the answers of the questions I have asked to you till then you can follow up the IP procedure again but make sure that this time you modify the steps: first you unplug all the cameras and the powerline bridge as already mentioned in your steps too. The power cycle router, now if the router is active see to it that you plug in the powerline bridge. Now you plug in the 1st camera and then wait till it boots up properly now make sure that the camera is streamed to the PC commander without any issue, better you get the confirmation and then proceed with the next steps. Once confirmed that the camera is properly installed and streaming now you need to plug in the 2nd camera and now follow the same thing which you did with the first camera. On a windows 7 machine you should now be able to see the cameras shown up if and only if all the cameras were properly installed and streamed also you should be able to see the cameras being shown under your network as a security Device. if you need to see the IP address simply right click and then View Properties that’s it. Just try it and let me know what happens, also let me know with answers for my doubts.

Hey I am not sure with the powerline adaptors; in fact I am very much confused regarding the diag and the powerline adaptors, how come it is possible that I can see powerline adaptors under the diag. Also in the section Homeplug AV network adapter none of the fields have text in the diagnostics report. The activity that somehow lights up the Homeplug AV adaptor that is connected to the router is green and while blinking blue. As I already told that I have a windows 7 and none of them is being able to show on the network don’t know for what reason. From the time I installed the last and the last camera everything stopped. I also tried one of the cameras with reset option. However I will try to run the diagnostic when I will get enough time for the process.

Look I will explain you in detail. If you will get into the diagnostics you will be able to see a powerline strength diag and in that diag you can see an indicator if it can probably see a homeplug adapter with no cameras. This is the best and the quickest way of knowing whether the adapters are talking or not and whether the issue is related to the IP address or not. Whenever you will try to troubleshoot being from the camera side then you should see a main led that is the actual search which has one beneath the camera to the bottom most one. Regarding the yellow light I can say that this light indicates nothing but just a standalone mode. So may be due to some reason its not getting an IP address, reason can be because it is unable to see the bridge until its connected to the router or can be due to DHCP server in the router is not giving it an IP address. You can also try to do one thing, look bring the camera to the same room or you can also use an extension cord to the room as the adapter connected to the router and then if the lights are still with yellow color then be sure that the issue is somewhere related to getting an IP address from the router.

After knowing that led light is currently playing a huge role with my problem I simply read out the description of the lights and then understood each and every description that was explained regarding them under the camera. The light that is on the network adapter and the camera power supply is for me very much difficult to understand. I mean I have noticed that the green light by the network cable socket is blinking very much fast whenever I have connection with at least one camera when the connection with at least one camera is made. The most irritating are the blue and the green on the side, I still do not understand what exactly they try to convey, and yes I forgot to mention the yellow one by the network cable socket. I have noticed in the diagnostics file when I managed a small contact with two of the cameras both the cameras reported that both has the same IP number. IE3 distinct IP numbers 4 cameras, also I saw that the reports actually did not contain MAC number for all of the cameras. It would be really help full if anyone over here let me know the way to reset the power adapter.

The problem is that currently I bought another power adapter and I am really very much worried in using it, just wanted to consult here that is it fine if I go with this new adapter and replace it with the older one or the power adapter is locked to a specific setup. I would pray that this should not happen but if in case everything fails then is there any chances of starting everything from the starting point onwards, I mean can I start from uninstalling the alert commander software and then reset all the cameras and start setting up the system with the setup program.

Firstly you must surely know that having duplicate IP address is going to cause you a heavy problem. Other than this the diag info that you have mentioned somewhere sounds like it was created just after the update was done when you actually saw only 3 of the cameras running out of 4. Maybe the update done something wrong, I mean to say that the update must have rebooted the cameras and after that due to some reason two of them got the same IP address from the router DHCP server when they came up again. The only thing you can try out is to disconnect the bridge unit from the router first and then your computer system from the same place. Once you do that simply connect the bridge unit directly to the computer without using a router. This will surely help you to network your system to the cameras and also alongside eliminate the router DHCP server. And see to it that if you are having a laptop or any other portable device in place of desktop computer make sure that you turn off the wifi. Anyways now reset your system and then start resetting your cameras one by one and make sure that they all comes back. Fortunately if they all are set up properly and if they come back then at least you can come to know that the issue was exactly with the way the router DHCP server was managing the IP addresses. Currently the only thing you can do is to reset your router and if not this suggestion then you might try out clearing the address table in the router, then try to establish the connection between the PC and bridge unit back to the router.

The camera which is currently not working or having any kind of trouble, may I know the firmware version running into them. I remember once someone told me that the latest update is having an improve TCP/IP stack. Anyways make sure that all your cameras are running the firmware version of 3.1.221. You should be able to set a reserved DHCP assignment for each and every camera but that depends upon your router. Also you can see a MAC address of all your cameras from the back of the camera label, under the hatch. The same MAC address is also present in the commander diagnostics. After that in your router config make the address in such a way that every time a camera with a particular MAC address is being requesting an IP address, however it will always get the same IP address. According to me this is the only way from which you can probably avoid conflicts between the IP address.