Thread: Radio/GPS dropouts frequently in HTC One S

Radio/GPS dropouts frequently in HTC One S

Just had a HTC One S (Grey one). While using with most of the features enabled I have noticed that intermittent radio drop outs and network (3G/2G) reception loose. Sometimes the GPS reception is also stopped. This happened with me many times so far and mostly when using the GPS-intensive application while they are running the foreground. Does anyone else see this problem?

Re: Radio/GPS dropouts frequently in HTC One S

If it is a new phone, then I would rather say replace it by sending it for RMA. It should be firmware problem or simply a production failure. Since it is a new phone you will not get any kind of software update or patch to fix this issue very soon. You have to replace the phone as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvimida View Post
    If it is a new phone, then I would rather say replace it by sending it for RMA. It should be firmware problem or simply a production failure. Since it is a new phone you will not get any kind of software update or patch to fix this issue very soon. You have to replace the phone as soon as possible.
    Wait, wait. Why should we go for replacement since we don’t know what exactly the problem is and what is causing this issue? I don’t believe that there could be firmware bug because many users are getting proper signal in their phone. So first you have to find out what is causing the problem in your phone. It could be anything like app, signal or network strength in your area, disturbance from other source, power saving mode, protective case or the network provider and so on. I think that it is about the network playing around frequently depending on the weather condition or due to some other reasons. If so, don’t worry about it because it will not last long. I had the same kind of issue with my Google Nexus phone and it last about a week but then it suddenly disappears and now everything is normal.

While using the GPS and other similar things you always have to make sure that the batter is completely filled. If the radio app or GPS app is outdated it would be better to update it very soon.

How did you get to know that GPS is not working properly and dropping signal? Did you try in an open area? While using Google maps I am also getting somewhat same kind of problem with navigation system. First I thought that GPS is not receiving problem but later I find out that it is about the App itself which hang and drop though.

I have been seeing that few of HTC Android based phones are plagued by a strange problem that affects the GPS receiver. It appears that while using ROM general, users of HTC experiencing a delay of more than 10 minutes in GPS and In addition, the GPS loses signal constantly. For that reason HTC had been developing patch for A-GPS allows the GPS receiver block 7-9 or even 11 satellites.

The new HTC-One series is designed to ensure that the Taiwanese manufacturer can improve in terms of sales and market share, so as to play a bigger role. As it is now, it seems that the HTC One S afflicted with various problems to be related to the processing of S at one of the devices. Moreover, it reports the fact that the processing is to be ideal with respect to the microSIM slot anything because it’s covering is to wear out easily. If one of the problems with the HTC one S is affected, then you should definitely sign up with the manufacturer, who can then direct the replacement of the devices in the way.

Well, first of all tell you that it was problems almost all HTC users. For the older phones, the HTC has brought a patch which should fix the issue but some users commented that it gets slow, it is not as sensitive as before and so on. The truth is GPS is now working in every phone. So one more thing remind you that the GPS does not work indoors. Also make sure that you have renewed the GSM and / or SIM-only subscription. The GPS subscription is expired then also you cannot get proper signal from the satellite. You can try HTC GPS Tool, choose COM4, put yourself in a location free, and then click on "Open GPS". If the numbers of satellites seen by HTC One S, then it is good.

While looking for solution for GPS problem with HTC one s, the XDA forums page showed me a good patch. I actually never tried this but there it described that it can work on many phones. It is an AGPS Patch. It is a solution for RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS. Those who are having issue like GPS unreliability and no functionality, this patch is recommended for them. It is a worldwide solution for multiple devices. Typically, this patch will lock onto 7 - 9 satellites.