Thread: How to unlock GLONASS in HTC One S Snapdragon S4 processor

How to unlock GLONASS in HTC One S Snapdragon S4 processor

I am new to this thing since it is a new mobile phone but I do know something about the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. The HTC one S has this processor and that’s why this phone made me a best choice after all. Now this processor has a support for GLONASS. I need to know how to unlock it but before that I would like to know it is possible to unlock or not.

What Sound processor does HTC One S included on-board?

Re: How to unlock GLONASS in HTC One S Snapdragon S4 processor

Do you think that it is really needs unlocking? In my case my phone package says that "Supports GPS/GLONASS" but I don’t know how to check it? Is there any good way to check or enable it?

There is a good app on the android market which will help you know how many satellites are there for GPS support. Install it and launch in your phone and make sure that the log shows satellites numbered 65 to 88. As for settings, the HTC one S does not have any additional settings to "Enable GPS" / "Enable GLONASS". I guess that it is hidden from the user. For a normal user it does not matter and he/she does not care about unlocking and setting of GLONASS

I like GPS system because with this I never see more than 6-8 satellites at once. But now I think that there are almost 30 functional satellites in orbit globally. The GLONASS is not beneficial to everyone because it provides good radio signal only to upper northern hemispere, and lower southern hemispheres but the system is globally active. Due to its orbit inclination and distance, the GLONASS is capable to provide a better coverage for most of the regions near to the Polar Regions. The GPS satellites works in lower orbit this providing good coverage to "middle ground". So I would rather use GPS in my phone for accurate results.

Snapdragon processors support Intel's position with the Russian Glonass. This stands for Global Navigation Satellite System. When your smartphone is position determined by a U.S. satellite did called Global Positioning System (GPS), where almost all smartphones are equipped with. This is not always fast and accurate. So Snapdragon processors bring change to Smartphones because these processors can use the Russian GLONASS satellites are another. By making use of these satellites it would be possible to 2 meters accurately determine your position; it would be a more reliable, faster and more accurate. Whether the GLONASS satellites can be used does depend on the provider and manufacturers, said the option should be set to. Also, the GLONASS system can only be used in conjunction with GPS.

Nowadays, almost all smartphones boarded a geolocation system using GPS, to use our real phones like GPS devices. Google and its Android OS are certainly the leaders in the field of GPS navigation on mobile with their tools centered on Google Maps. Everything is free and works great. The GPS system relies on a fleet of 27 satellites orbiting the planet. Our smartphones HTC excellent in general in this area, largely thanks to the quality of GPS antennas integrated but also thanks to the special architecture of Qualcomm processors who board directly GPS antennas, 3G ... within the SoC. But this does not seem to Qualcomm, which announced the support of the location system, GLONASS, straight from Russia, in addition to GPS for its future Snapdragon SoC S2, S3 and S4. GLONASS is not less than 24 satellites that cover our planet. The founder intends to take precision geolocation on mobile. Qualcomm speaks with accuracy of 2 meters and around the world! GPS limits in urban areas where the sky is not clear.

There is no clarification that HTC One series of phones - X, S, V comes with GLONASS support even their processor supports it. As far as I know that the GLONASS is a Russian technology. The GLONASS satellite is first launched by the Russian space center and phones which are sold in Russia with GPS support must also support GLONASS