Thread: HTC's dev unlock for HTC One S

HTC's dev unlock for HTC One S

First of all I will like to inform you about the Superboot, Superboot is boot.img that will be rooting your HTC One S when you will boot it, If you use Superboot then there is no need for flashing any partitions or messing around with the ADB an d the contents of the data partition as well, you just have to boot the boot image following the below steps and you will done, for using this root solution you will have to get the htcdev bootloader unlock for your HTC One S but then I will like to clear it that you are performing the below solution at your own risk. You can get the Superboot r3 MD5: 220ceaf0aea599e97b6d6211ae3397d4 from this link.
    The superboot image will be allowing you to use the 'adb remount' and getting full ADB root access, the below solution is for rooting HTC One S using Superboot for Windows, Linux and OSX.
    First Download the Superboot zip file from the link above and then extract the same to a directory and then just Put your device in bootloader mode and for doing that you will have to switch off the phone and then switch it on while pressing volume down volume down for entering the bootloader and then pressing power button for entering the fastboot process.
    • If you are using WINDOWS then just click on the 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
    • If you are using MAC then just open a terminal window to the directory having the required files and then type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh' without the quotes.
    • If you are using LINUX then just open a terminal window to the directory having the required files and then type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh' without the quotes.

I also wanted to share that it is a PERMANENT root and not temporary root so try it on your own risk!!

Re: HTC's dev unlock for HTC One S

I just need some help here, this is what I have tried out so far:
    • I have unpacked the boot.superboot.img from cm source that is 'unpackbootimg -i boot.superboot.img' and have repacked the same from cm source that is 'mkbootimg --kernel boot.superboot.img-zImage --ramdisk boot.superboot.img-ramdisk.gz --base 80400000 --cmdline console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 -o boot.img'
    • When I am performing fastboot for booting your boot.superboot.img then I was getting some kind of warning on a white background and after that it booted up ignoring the same.

I have tried doing a hexdump as well and I have found images to be differing on images but then now I am not able to reproduce the same value, I have tried editing the value but then it is the images, so here I just wanted you to share your mkbootimg commandline so that I can have a better idea of the above process.

Re: HTC's dev unlock for HTC One S

I have tried following the above solution but then I just wanted to know what **tampered** means? I am asking so because my bootloader is looking like that, after trying out the superboot IMG from the above link it says ***TAMPERED*** ***UNLOCKED***, I have checked out for the same and so has said that it means that I have lost some part of my guarantee so I just wanted to know that does my hardware warranty exist or even it has been violated?? It appears as if the system has recognized that I have tried something else but then I just wanted to know that have you come across the **tampered** situation before or do you have an idea about it??? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.