Thread: HTC One S is having poor Voice quality

HTC One S is having poor Voice quality

I have recently bought HTC One S and the problem that I am having with the same is that it is having poor Voice quality I mean that there appears to be some contact noise in the background while answering a call, when I turn up the volume then the sound gets louder and it is very irritating so I just wanted to know that is there anyone else who has faced the same or it is just with me, is there any solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue??

Re: HTC One S is having poor Voice quality

I have recently bought HTC One S and the problem that I am having with the same is that it is having poor Voice quality I mean that there appears to be some contact noise in the background while answering a call, when I turn up the volume then the sound gets louder and it is very irritating so I just wanted to know that is there anyone else who has faced the same or it is just with me, is there any solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue??
    Even I am willing to buy HTC One S and I have been checking out the review of the same and I have not yet come across anyone mentioning that it is having a poor Voice quality and so, I think that it might be just in your case, it can be due to some signal issues as well, so just make sure that you are getting proper signal or not when you are facing this issue. Anyways I just wanted to know that how is the battery life of the phone, I have not yet found much information about the same from their owners, so can you please let me know the battery life on the device though, other than this also share if you are having any other issues, so even I can check about the same before getting it.

I have checked out the network signal and it is appearing to be fine, it seems as if there is something wrong with my phone only, I have tried using some other sim cards as well and I am getting the same response but then when I am using the same sim card in some other phone then I am not getting any contact noise in the background while answering a call, I think that there is some kind of hardware issue, I have tried resetting the phone but then it did not made any difference, as far as the battery life of the phone is concerned, I am getting about 6-8 hrs with immense browsing and I am not having any other issues with the phone rather than the noise so far, I really like the processor and everything is running smooth and fast, before getting the phone I was thinking that it will be too big to hold and so but then now after getting it, it is just perfect to hold and not small either, I just want to get rid of the sound issue as soon as possible, I have tried out all the possible solutions so far but then I have not got an luck, I have been looking out if someone else Is having the same issue or not and seems as if the issue is just in my case. I will be contacting the service center tomorrow itself and will check out what they have to say about this issue, just ignoring the sound issue currently the phone is just perfect for me, Even you can get it without any doubts.

Yes there is something wrong with your phone and you should better send it back for replacement, I am saying so because even I have bought the htc one s last week and it is just working great by now and I have not yet faced any issues and not expecting to face as well. The battery seems to be quite good so far, I have been using the phone for surfing, sync, whatsapp, facebook as well as some other apps and even after that the battery was at 53% even after not charging it for 24hrs, I think that the battery usage will be varying according to the use, I mean in your case you have mentioned that you are getting 6-8 hrs online time which is too less as compared to my case, just wanted to know that how are you using your phone??

I just wanted to know that are you getting the same sound in the headset or a bluetooth headset?? Other than this you can also confirm the other person on the call if there he is able to hear the same sound or not, if he is then there is something wrong with the mic and you will have to get it repaired, I also wanted to know that are you using any application in the background when you are answering call, if yes then there are possibilities that then might be interfering with the signal when for accessing the internet and so, so try closing all the app in the background and see if it is making any difference or not, just check out the suggested things and let me know what you get for further help.

I am having really poor voice quality as well. Scratch voices on other end. Also, when i have it on my wifi at home, I'm getting dropped calls and even worse in the clarity of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory71 View Post
    I am having really poor voice quality as well. Scratch voices on other end. Also, when i have it on my wifi at home, I'm getting dropped calls and even worse in the clarity of the conversation.
    You can try out the solutions that has been mentioned in the above post by the Vascon!cell and see if they are making any difference, if not then i thin that you will have to visit the service center for the same, i don't think that there might be any other workaround that one can try out for this issue

Thanks. I'll try that.

I have try two HTC one S and they all have the same poor voice quality (noise). Did you have any luck with eliminating the background noise? HTC tech support did not offer any solution.

It seems like it is a defect in the HTC One S itself since many users are facing similar kind of background noise interruptions. The only way to eliminate this problem is to either use a headphone or a wireless or bluetooth one so that, noise can be heard properly without such problems. Hope that this a software issue rather than the hardware problem.