Thread: Why HTC One S is having memory limitation?

Why HTC One S is having memory limitation?

I was willing to get HTC One S but then just going through the specification I have found that it is just having 16GB of internal storage and no SD-Slot. I really think that it is a weird trend that is been carried out, currently I am having Sensation and it is having a 32GB card and hardly 8 gb is remaining, I don’t understand that what is the point of adding good cam on a smartphone when they are just limiting the memory for storing images and videos? I also wanted to add that why there was a need for adding built in battery, I am not that concerned about the same but then I just wanted to know that why there is a need for making it so, will there be any chances of getting the One S models with 32GB on board or an option for exchanging the memory chip? I think that they are just trying to make their products like apple, I just wanted to know what do you all think about this trend?

Re: Why HTC One S is having memory limitation?

Even I am not that concerned about the memory but then it should have has 32 gb memory or 16 gb memory with SD-Slot, I was not known about all this, you were right that htc is trying to follow htc trend, I have checked about the same and I have found that only European / international varient of the One X is having 32gb and I am looking forward to get the same, I think that if htc would have come up with options like 8/16/32 or even better like 16/32/64gb of storage then more people would have fall for this product, A number of people are disappointed with the memory limitation and no battery access and they have reported the same as well, so there are chances of htc to be coming up with larger storage varients by summer or say with SD cards, I really wanted to get HTC One S but then I think I will have to wait as I am really concerned about the storage thing.

Yes even I think that no access to the battery will be causing issues to their customer as I really don’t think that people who use smartphones will be buying extra batteries and swapping them out when the phone runs out of the battery and so, The fear with this phones is that if the battery gets faulty then there will be big problem in swapping out the battery, as here you will have to send the phone to the htc service center rather than they sending the battery to us. As far as the storage is concerned there are two options that one can go for, first one is taking a back up of the phone from time to time and then freeing up space for other images and videos, the other option is checking out for other alternatives to drop box like SOS Online Backup, even I am hoping to see it with an external sd card as it will really be convenient for every one as per their perspectives.

In my case I don’t take lots of pictures, videos or music but then I do carry large documents and I have tried using cloud and I am quite satisfied with the security provided by it but then the problem in my case is that there is hardly data signal at the place I work. Previously I used to carry camera, calculator, PSP and so for carrying out my tasks and watching video and playing games but then now the smartphone has just replaced them all and now I just carry my smartphone, even I think that there should have been enough internal storage and if not then sd card slot, because the coming generation won’t be dealing with memory limitation like we used to suffer with the previous phones with very less internal storage.