Thread: Kindle Format 8 tools now available

Kindle Format 8 tools now available

Hi all, I gave got the news that the kindle format 8 tools are now available. There was not much detailed information regarding this and so I searched for the same on google but not getting detailed information. So I am posting this over here so that I can have some information from the people over here. If anyone of you have any information regarding this then please post that here. I am sure that it will be helpful for all the other users also who are searching for the same. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: Kindle Format 8 tools now available

Yes my friend, you heard it right. Highlights of the new format is especially the support of HTML5 and CSS3, and thus significantly extended design possibilities for eBooks. EPub 3.0 also has these features that I have presented. This is the reason that in the Kindle Fire, it will also partially animated otherwise interactive books can be displayed. The range of formatting options increases significantly with Kindle8. Although there were some HTML5 options already in the previous Kindle format (Mobi7), but should henceforth be much more possible. Also with the Kindle Fire finally there is own Kindle device, which can mainly embedded audio and video files to play in the Kindle documents. There are several resources which are existing for the previous version of the format that have been updated: KindleGen, KindlePreviewer and the plug-in for InDesign Kindle. Finally, a manual includes the recommendations to build all kinds of ebooks for the latest generation of Kindle (Kindle and Kindle Fire).

The new format Kindle Format 8 (KF8) will replace the format Mobi 7 devices in the distribution company online. KF8 adds support for new Web standards HTML5 and CSS 3. The format will offer publishers the ability to create books with richer formats, which may include fixed, embedded fonts, texts on background images, numbered lists or bulleted, and more. Kindle Format 8 brings no fewer than 150 new features layout with fixed layouts, nested tables, captions, framed, etc. Children's books, comic books and textbooks seem to be the obvious applications that can benefit from an interactive experience and take advantage of the color screen Kindle Fire, the touch pad in the Amazon Android OS.

The Kindle Fire will be the first device to support the format KF8. Updating firmware for recent readers of eBooks from Amazon will be in the coming weeks. For now, Amazon has not released the development tools enabling publishers to use KF8 to format their content. An update of Kindle Publishing tools will be available in the coming days with the support of KF8. The KindleGen 2 will create Kindle content for a wide variety of sources including HTML, XHTML, and EPUB.