Thread: Limited access to the android market in Dropad android 2.3 tablet

Limited access to the android market in Dropad android 2.3 tablet

I have recently got this tablet from the android market last month looking at the price that is available I was really attracted to the price range. As such the tablet is good but since it is android 2.3 it should give an access to more applications in the android market but the thing is that I get a very limited access to the android market I can hardly get an access to 100 applications. There are lakhs of applications there in the android market and I get an access to only hundred of applications, now I don’t understand whyis that so. Is this the same case with all of you have got this tablet. when I access basic applications like facebook and youtube even they don’t work in the tablet can you all imagine this, this is really frustrating for me. I can see a strange app in my device called as "Updatter" and when I opened it asked me for some file to be downloaded I thought that must be some update for the tablet that’s why I went ahead with it. thinking it as a genuine thing but when the file got installed completely then it asked me to reboot. Then when I rebooted the tablet I could not see any kind of difference at all in the performance. The access to the android market was limited. However I did manage to get some information from te updater about the kernel and also the build number here I will state it below about them do check them out

Kernel version - 2.6.35.7 MID Serials #187 Fri Oct 28 0333 EDT 2011
    Build number - MID Serials 2.3 GINGERBREAD 20111024.162719
    Model number - MID_Serials
    Android version - 2.3

This is a good device but not able to access the basic applications and the android market place correctly is really frustrating me a lot. I want to get rid of this issue as soon as possible. So what do you all have to say about the same. Please tell me something. I am waiting for the response from you all.

Re: Limited access to the android market in Dropad android 2.3 tablet

This is the consequence that you face when you get some cheap tablets or china tablets that’s the result that you get to see when you are facing such problems. As of now you can’t do much with it rather than stay with what you are getting. All you can do is report a problem with the manufacturers and tell them you cant access the applications (which I don’t think so they would be so keen enough to help you out with) or you can sell of the tablet and instead get a new one. So that’s the two options that you have in front of you. Now why I am giving such a straight forward reply is because I was also in the same shoes as you are right now. Even I had got a mid tablet which was android 2.3 tablet and whichever applications I tried to open up it said that it is not compatible with the applications. That’s the message that I used to get whichever applications I had to open. I did try many solutions like reporting this problem to the service center for which they said that because of its limited screen size and low processor I might be getting such error. So for which I thought doing a rom update will work and still nothing changed at all. That’s why at the end I had to sell of the tablet to my friend who got it at the half the price that I had got it. his luck I must say.

Hey got some solution for you I don’t know if it will work for you or not but surely it had worked for me. So that’s why I am asking you to have a try with the same.

1) Rooting does help in this situation. Root the get root explorer. Now open the root explorer and find the build.prop press.

2) Open up the build.prop with a text editor and make some changes in lcd.

3) For LCD change the value from 200 to 160. Make sure you remove the # sign from there. Save that file and then restart the tablet.

See if this gives any kind of changes or not. I am sure it will be difficult for you to try out this. Any problem that you face do let me know I am here to solve out the query for you.

sad Re: Limited access to the android market in Dropad android 2.3 tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Bhadran View Post
    Hey got some solution for you I don’t know if it will work for you or not but surely it had worked for me. So that’s why I am asking you to have a try with the same.

1) Rooting does help in this situation. Root the get root explorer. Now open the root explorer and find the build.prop press.

2) Open up the build.prop with a text editor and make some changes in lcd.

3) For LCD change the value from 200 to 160. Make sure you remove the # sign from there. Save that file and then restart the tablet.

See if this gives any kind of changes or not. I am sure it will be difficult for you to try out this. Any problem that you face do let me know I am here to solve out the query for you.
    Frankly speaking nothing was understandable for me over here. Rooting and all are over the top for me. So I would be better for me if you could have told me something about the rooting stuff. I will try with the rooting stuff and see if that makes any kind of changes or not in the tablet. Otherwise as the above user said I will be switching to the method that the above user followed that is selling off the tablet and getting a new tablet. I recently saw a demo video of the micromax funbook which has android 4.0 in it and I was really impressed with all its features even like the dropad it is a low cost tablet but funbook is is offering a new android 4 and also all the applications in that are accessible. So my eye is on it. if nothing works for me over here then I would be definitely going with the micromax funbook, something new to get.

However you all can send me the solutions and reply back to me as soon as possible I am waiting for the response from your side. Do reply fast ok.

Hi follow the steps that I am giving you here and you will be successfully able to root the tablet. so here are the steps for you.

1) For rooting this tablet you will require a ginger break in your tablet. now the options is yours you can get it from the attachment that I have gien you here or you can get it from the dropad a8t unBrick.rar which is already there in your dropad tablet. so the choise is yours, you can get it from anywhere.

2) Connect your tablet to the pc. Now do run the adb shell which you can find it is the rar file in your pc.

3) Enter the following command cd /system/bin and then /su.

4) Now having done that you are in the super user mode and the super user app will ask for some permissions in the screen do allow all of them.

5) rm /system/busybox/bin/su

6) then do a reboot of your tablet and if you have successfully carried out all the steps then you must have successfully rooted the tablet. so that’s it from my side for you all.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok that’s a good solution I will surely give a try for the same but did not understand the 5th step completely rest everything is ok. However if I encounter some difficulty I will surely let you know about the same ok.

Dude rooting a device does helps a lot. Those incompatible applications which weren’t working in your tablet will start working. So rooting is a very important method to do and especially for the android tablets it is a very important thing.

Like you even I was stuck with the same problem. One of my friend suggested me rooting and hola! Works fine for me, although with the rooting and all stuff you are void of warranty but who cares about the warranty when you know you are using such a low grade tablet pc. So do go ahead with the rooting my friend I am sure it will help you. Don’t neglect it and spend some extra amount of money on the other tablet.