Thread: Need HP Pavillion DV7-3078 motherboard

Need HP Pavillion DV7-3078 motherboard

I hope someone over here is going to help me out with my problem. Everything started from the day when my laptop turned blue suddenly while I was working on it. When I took it to the customer care they told me that the motherboard got completely defected and so therefore they were charging me more than $550 for getting it replaced and correcting the things. And therefore I planned to do it by myself although I am not technically expert but anyhow I decided to take the risk. But seems I went on with the wrong decision. The problem now is that I am unable to even get the exact correct model number for the motherboard that is to be fixed into the laptop. I have completely opened up the laptop but nowhere can I find the model number of its motherboard. So is there anyone having this laptop know how to find the correct part number of the board. As I already mentioned I have a HP Pavillion dv7-3078nr and I am looking out for the model number of this laptop’s motherboard.

Re: Need HP Pavillion DV7-3078 motherboard

Hey I guess we both are on the same boat, even I am looking out for the model number of my laptop. I was once suggested to check on internet but unfortunately I search everywhere using all sort of keywords but none of them landed me at the correct place. When my desktop got repaired I was simply able to get the motherboard replaced in it without any issue but don’t know what’s the issue with HP. I can even find the part number or name for the motherboard of this laptop. Anyways yesterday night my friend suggested me to visit laptoppartsexpert site, over he told me that I will get the exact thing which I will require but unfortunately I am unable to find anything over there also but I am sure the it contains the part number of the desired motherboard so I would please request you to visit that site and let me know whether you find anything over there.