Thread: Text SMS app with wifi for non android/SmartPhone

Text SMS app with wifi for non android/SmartPhone

Hi all, I am new to use the applications like this and need some suggestion from you. I am just having wifi connection with my phone. I mean I don’t have any GPRS or 3G plan activated on my phone and that is the reason that I am searching for some text sms app that can send the sms to any non android phone with the wifi connection only. I was searching for the same but not sure that if it works with the wifi or not. So I am posting this question over here. I know that there are many of the android users and I will get some good and quick replies over here. I am using the wifi from the internet connection of my PC and I don’t wish to activate any further plan on my SIM. Please reply if you have some suggestion for me.

re: Text SMS app with wifi for non android/SmartPhone

I think that it will be better for you if you use the Cnectd. Cnectd is for users of BlackBerry devices that are yearned for the BlackBerry Messenger. This platform allows you to, chat, create groups, create your profile, upload pictures and connect to facebook all at once. It is very important to understand that this application on all platforms this is the beta so you may run into some situations which is normal, but at the same time you can expect many positive things about it. Cnectd messaging client app to send messages (compatible with iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Symbian). There might be some of the other apps that can do this but I think that this is the best of them. I am very confidetnt about this because I have used it and this is giving me the best performance. I hope that you will also vhave good experience with this.

I am using the textplus app and satisfied with this. It offers free SMS for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It also allows you to send texts to groups of people at once. TEXTPLUS brings unlimited free SMS to users of iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad. Text what he wants without ever paying a monthly bill, thanks to our network supported by advertising. textPlus providing your own personal toll free telephone number so your friends can text you directly, from any device. Cnectd is also good to consider but textplus is the best according to me. You can rty the demo of it once and see if you like it or not.

I also agree that textplus will be better option for you. Text Plus is a suite of communication applications. The authors had put more trust in Windows Phone or BlackBerry. Despite the larger crowd of users of the BlackBerry, Creators have given more time and money in the development of Text Plus for Windows Phone devices. According to Scott Lahman, CEO of Text Plus, Microsoft is working with Nokia or momentum, and RIM BlackBerry for the further development. Text Plus is the apps from the Text Plus Communications (a kind WhatsApp), this is followed by the Text Plus Free VoIP Calls with Skype companion app. Make sure that you are purchasing this from the official site.

You can also do the same with Google voice. Each time a user receives an SMS on your numbers that is Google Voice number, they will receive an email notification, from which it can respond directly. This implementation and also allows some interesting news:
    • Unified messaging: SMS, you can get both via email with the voicemail notifications, providing the possibility of direct response.
    • Savings on SMS messages: if the user spends much time in front of the pc or with a push email on the phone, can disable the notification of receipt of the SMS on the mobile phone and respond via e-mail. This will lead to saving the cost of the message.
    • SMS threading, which is the ability to keep the whole conversation took place via SMS with every contact.

I know that there are less users who know about this but this is the best and I preffer this because it is powered by google. Anyways, it is upto you that which one you like the most. Take it just as a suggestion and go for the one with which you are comfortable.

I would like to tell you that you can use HeyWire also. This is having several features such as instant messaging service, sending tweets and the most remarkable of all, sending text messages (SMS) free to any company from the application through the Internet connection that can be Wi-Fi, 3G, GPRS or EDGE. But HeyWire team sent a message to all users announcing the launch of its application for the Facebook platform, if and as you read, the popular HeyWire is now the largest social network in the world and brings interesting features that will make it a "must have".

When you register to HeyWire, the application will give us a phone number where we can receive international text messages and which will serve to send too. HeyWire is compatible with numbers and operators in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and China, in addition to several Caribbean countries and Central and South America. Now with HeyWire application for Facebook, existing users of the service may use and synchronize your phone number with the application, so you may have the same conversation on the computer and follow the smartphone. For new users, will have the ability to send and receive SMS from the application which will remain free, so that would mean big savings for all users. As I mentioned earlier, HeyWire is cross-platform, now supports Windows, Mac and Linux users and this is thanks to Facebook and is also available free of charge for IOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPhone) and equipment in the AppStore and Android Market Android respectively .

DeskSMS is one of the best applications that will let you to use the text messaging services. With the help of the DeskSMS, you will be able to forward all your text message and the MMS to the gmail Google Chat, and DeskSMS Chrome extension. Other than this, if you give the reply back then the recipient will have a text message from your number.Clearly it is much easier to respond by typing a text message from your PC with a normal size keyboard. There are also extensions for Chrome and Firefox so that upon receipt of an SMS is displayed a window that simulates a conversation. DeskSMS is an excellent application for Android, unfortunately is not free, but it is very expensive.

Kik Messenger is an application that lets discuss smartphone to smartphone messenger, Kik is available for iPhone, Blackberry and Android phones. There are many applications on the iPhone that allows you to exchange messages with each other and that is for free. The update KIK Messenger plays in the recent fuss about the leaking of location data from the iPhone. You can enter a phone number when you create an account, but that is only used so that you can add others based on their contact list. The data are certainly not passed on to third parties. KIK Messenger has long offered the ability to perform group discussions. It lacks the option to record audio and video to share, but you can be free to exchange messages with users running the Android app too. The communication is free and worldwide for more than three million times.