Thread: Can I install Android on Nokia C7?

Can I install Android on Nokia C7?

as the title of thread saying what I wanted to ask you over here. I am having Nokia C7 and I am planning to install Android OS on the same. Let me know if I can do the same. why I am wanted to do the same as symbian in not user-friendly and most of the time it is freezing. Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Re: Can I install Android on Nokia C7?

You cannot install an Android on Nokia C7 by any mean. It is not like computer where you can install an operating system such as Windows,Ubuntu or something. However you should wait till Symbian Anna is available for all the Nokia C7 users.

Well we are aware of that Android platform is used for all the mobile devices. It seems to be shameful thing that Nokia did not taken any steps to provide Android device. I think Nokia is doing a big mistake to joing to with Microsoft with the primary OS. According to me Nokia should come up with at least one Android device. there are lots of mobile phones available in the market which are having same kind of the hardware configuration. Even If I am not wrong there would be lots of developers as well as hackers who are assocaited with Symbian world but no one is able say anything how one should remove the Symbian ROM.

I don’t think so there any android phone available in the market which is having same kind of the hardware. If you wanted to install Android on your mobile then you will require drivers for all chipsets. There would be lots of programming to be done so it cannot be done by one person. There would need of big team which would work on the same for around a month to create stable Android for this particular mobile phone. As we are aware of that Nokia is not able to afford development of platform with symbian and Windows Phone 7.

We know that Microsoft is having their own OS from past long time and we know that how good it is. HTC is using the same. if Nokia wanted to follow Microsoft then they should learn from them. Nokia should create a completely new team that would reuse the core and upgrade the same and present it with having a new UI. There should be some great apps such as Skype with Video, iGoogle. I know that they can do the same. Microsoft has been give great look and feel to there all of the Windows Phone 7. However the performance of the OS is getting as time passes. You cannot say after installing which update the product would get stable.