Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 is performing slow mail search

Nokia Lumia 800 is performing slow mail search

I am having Nokia Lumia 800 and I am having issues with service on it, the first issue is that when I am configuring linked mailboxes then I don’t know why all the emails appearing before my mails from the other IMAP account, this Is just making the inbox useless, the other issue I am having with it is that when I am searching for my emails then the search function in mail app is taking a long time to search them out and display them, I have tried changing sync options to sync only emails but then it is just not making any difference, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out in solving these issues??

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 is performing slow mail search

I am having Nokia Lumia 800 and I am having issues with service on it, the first issue is that when I am configuring linked mailboxes then I don’t know why all the emails appearing before my mails from the other IMAP account, this Is just making the inbox useless, the other issue I am having with it is that when I am searching for my emails then the search function in mail app is taking a long time to search them out and display them, I have tried changing sync options to sync only emails but then it is just not making any difference, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out in solving these issues??
    I think that you should try out deleting all the old downloaded emails as they might still be in the memory, just try out deleting them and see if it is making any difference in the searching time or not, as far as I am aware there should not be any issues if there are 10k mails, as it just tries to search out for smaller chunks and shows first displays 100 first mails and then proceed with the further ones but then I am not that sure about your case, so just try deleting the old emails and let me know what you get, as far as your first issue is concerned there should be an option for not synchronizing deleted emails and so, I am not aware of the exact option as I am not having the same phone but then you can check out for the similar one, if you don’t find it out then you can try deleting the mailbox and adding it again with the lower sync settings. Just try out these solutions and then let me know if it is helping.

Is there any other solution that I can try out because I am having the below issues with the solution that you have mentioned above:
    I think that you should try out deleting all the old downloaded emails as they might still be in the memory, just try out deleting them and see if it is making any difference in the searching time or not
    I cannot delete the old emails as I am aware that the deletions will be synced back to the gmail account and as you have said that I should not have any issues if there are 10k mails and so, so in my case I am just having 4000 mails
    so just try deleting the old emails and let me know what you get, as far as your first issue is concerned there should be an option for not synchronizing deleted emails and so, I am not aware of the exact option as I am not having the same phone but then you can check out for the similar one, if you don’t find it out then you can try deleting the mailbox and adding it again with the lower sync settings
    I am not willing to delete google account as well as I have synced my contacts with gmail and I don’t want to lose them.

I think that I can help you out here with the search issue as I was facing the same last week and in order to solve it out I had just disabled the e-mail sync on gmail account and have just left the contacts and calendar sync on, so this basically deleted all emails from inbox but then had left my contacts intact, you can try out the same as well, the search is working fine now but then I have not yet found a solution with linked inboxes and it is still there, I have checked out in other forums for a solution for the same but then have not got any luck so far, I guess that the workaround I have mentioned is not a exact solution as there are chances that the problem will reoccur with time, I mean when the inbox will get cluttered with previous emails but then this is the best solution I have found so far.