Thread: Getting error code : 80072EFD in Nokia Lumia 800

Getting error code : 80072EFD in Nokia Lumia 800

I have recently bought Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am getting error code: 80072EFD continuously and this is not allowing me to connect to the Windows Live Id, I really use the Windows Live Id a lot and as I am not able to use the same any more I feel the phone is just useless for me, Only gmail is working fine, I also wanted to add that I have tried sending a mail to my hotmail as well as gmail accounts and I was able to get the Gmail account synchronized but then I am still not able to get the hotmail id synchronized because of the error code: 80072EFD, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???

Re: Getting error code : 80072EFD in Nokia Lumia 800

I have recently bought Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am getting error code: 80072EFD continuously and this is not allowing me to connect to the Windows Live Id, I really use the Windows Live Id a lot and as I am not able to use the same any more I feel the phone is just useless for me, Only gmail is working fine, I also wanted to add that I have tried sending a mail to my hotmail as well as gmail accounts and I was able to get the Gmail account synchronized but then I am still not able to get the hotmail id synchronized because of the error code: 80072EFD, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???
    That’s really weird, I just wanted to know that have you tried out synchronizing zune if not then try it out and then let me know if you are able to do so or not. As far as I can guess it might be an issue with the server, I mean that it might be using incorrect server and which is default, so just to check out go in to Hotmail and then in to Settings and then check out the Sync Settings and make sure that the server is “m.hotmail.com”, just check out these possible solutions and then post back the result that you get, I think that one of these should help you out, if that does not then you should better contact the Microsoft support for the same, if it is an issue going around with a no of people then they might be aware of the same and would have come up with a solution for it as well.

I have checked out for the same and It appears as if it is an issue with the server, I mean that is an connection error with the Live server(s), you can very well try out the solution that has been mentioned by the above user but then if that does not make any difference then you can try out performing the below solution and see if they are helping:
    • Trying switching from Flight mode to normal
    • Try using Wi-Fi rather than using mobile network
    • Make sure that the LiveID that you are using is correct, you can check out the same by login on to your pc, if you are not having any issues when connecting through the pc then change the password and then try to connect with the phone and see if it is making any difference.

Just try these solutions and then let me know if anyone of is helping you out.

Hey thanks to you both for your help but then I have tried out all the solution that has been mentioned above and they are just not making any difference in my case, I am still getting the same error message when I am trying to synchronize Windows Live Id. I am really glad that gmail is working otherwise I wound have not been able to check my mails, I really did not expected Microsoft to be having issue with their own mail server, I have been looking after a solution for the same in other forums as well and I have found that there are a no of people having issues with hotmail, I had bought the phone to enjoy things like using internet, downloading applications and synchronizing music but then now I am not able to carry out these tasks properly, I have contacted the Nokia and Microsoft as well but then they have not yet came up with a solution for the same, they are just aware of it like always.