Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 (12070) is not powering on and is running in to Infinite reboot loop

Nokia Lumia 800 (12070) is not powering on and is running in to Infinite reboot loop

I have been using Nokia Lumia 800 and it has been just two weeks since I have bought it and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is not booting even though I am have updated the same to latest 1600.2487.8107.12070 version via Zune, when I am turning it on then it is just vibrating and after that it turns off 0.5s just after the operator screen pops up , it is doing the same in loop but then the issue is random, I mean that sometimes is just boots up fine and sometimes it runs in the Infinite reboot loop, I have tried rebooting the phone several times but then I have not got any success with the same and the issue still exists, the only thing that has helped me so far is rebooting the phone after connecting it with a cable, is there anything else that I can try out to solve this issue??

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 (12070) is not powering on and is running in to Infinite reboot loop

I have been using Nokia Lumia 800 and it has been just two weeks since I have bought it and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is not booting even though I am have updated the same to latest 1600.2487.8107.12070 version via Zune, when I am turning it on then it is just vibrating and after that it turns off 0.5s just after the operator screen pops up , it is doing the same in loop but then the issue is random, I mean that sometimes is just boots up fine and sometimes it runs in the Infinite reboot loop, I have tried rebooting the phone several times but then I have not got any success with the same and the issue still exists, the only thing that has helped me so far is rebooting the phone after connecting it with a cable, is there anything else that I can try out to solve this issue??
    I have been facing the same with my Nokia Lumia 800, in my case it was rebooting in loop and use to get stuck in "Bouygues Telecom" on the screen which is a french operator and after that I was not able to charge it or boot it, later after getting irritated of the same I had applied for an replacement and after getting the replacement I updated the same to latest version : 1600.2487.8107.12070 with Zune and then it was working fine by yesterday but then today when I was just reading LeMonde app then it turned off and when I tried to power it off then it again started running in Infinite reboot loop, since then the issue is random tin my case as well, the cable thing worked out for me as well, I have just tried it out but then I really don’t think it is a solution, I have been trying to find out the cause of this issue but then I am still clueless, I have not yet found a solution to get it work properly as well.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 (12070) is not powering on and is running in to Infinite reboot loop

I think that you should try out hard reset and for that just follow the below steps:
    • First Press and hold the Volume Down key
    • After that Press and hold the Power and Camera buttons simultaneously
    • Later when the phone vibrates then just release the Power button and continued to hold the Camera and Volume Down buttons for some more seconds, say 5 seconds approximately.

I have found a no of people mentioning this solution to be as working when their phones were not booting properly, so even you can give it a try and see if it is helping you out as well or not. If that does not help then I think that you will have to contact the nokia support and check out what they have to say about the same, there are possibilities that it might be due to some kind of hardware issue.

I am already aware of the solution that you have mentioned above and I have tried out the same as well but then it is not making any difference in my case, it seems as if it is just not recognizing the power button when I am holding it down, even I was thinking that this is an hardware issue but then I am not very sure about it as I have already got the new phone in replacement, I really did not expected the same issue with the new one, I was very happy after getting the replacement as it was working just fine but then I am still trying to find out that what made it to ran in to such issues, I have kept the replacement thing as my last option, so if anyone has any workaround that we can try out then please share it will be highly appreciated.

I am having the same issue and I think that the issue has started after updating it to latest 1600.2487.8107.12070 version via Zune, I am quite sure that I was not having any such issue previously, the phone is rebooting constantly in loop as like with you all, by now I have tried out the soft reset and the hard reset several times but then it is just not making any difference in my case as well, it appears as if the loader is just not going far enough so as to react with the key combination, I am just getting the "NOKIA" sign at the boot and after that I get a black screen, then it vibrates as usual and then reboots, I will be going to get an replacement for this but then I will like to know if anyone is able to find a solution that we can try out to end this issue. Thanks in advance.