Thread: Is it ok to allow cookies in Nokia Lumia 800?

Is it ok to allow cookies in Nokia Lumia 800?

Hey guys wanted to know does allowing cookie create any kind of problem In this phone that’s what I want to know from you all? Sometimes it asks for allowing the cookies in the phone? so what do you all think allowing cookies In this phone would be a dangerous thing to do or is it a harmless act? That’s what I want to know from you all. So please do reply on the same I am waiting for the response from your side. So do tell me something about it.

Well I have read about the cookies only in the textbooks of my college I don’t have any practical information of what it does in our phone or in the browser? So that’s why before allowing or disabling the cookies from my phone I thought of taking some opinion from your side. Do reply on the same I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Is it ok to allow cookies in Nokia Lumia 800?

No not all they are not dangerous at all. If you have read some information about the cookies then I am sure you must have also read that they are not dangerous as well. Just as you allow cookies in the browser the same way you can allow the cookies in the phone as well. They aren’t dangerous at all. So that’s what you can do. Cookies are just a little piece of data from a website which are stored on the phone it also helps you in loading the web pages much quickly. Also you get a option of removing on the weekly basis or daily basis. So if you think you don’t want to continue with the cookies then you can close them or sweep it off from the phone that would be a good thing for you to work. I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you all. Anything else that you need to know then please do feel free to speak here and one more thing next time better read the concepts very well it will help you in the long run.

Cookies aren’t dangerous they don’t harm your phone at all. As the above user said they are useful in storing some information of web in it and also the web pages do get loaded quickly. You can’t say that cookies are 100%safe at all cookies are majorly used by the major websites to track the users. Major websites like Google and facebook do make use of this tracking cookies to track their users and see which websites do they visit. So basically its like you being tracked by that websites to see what do you do. Now that can be a good side as well as bad side. So I have made you an explanation about the same now its upon you if you want to store cookies in the phone or not. do give a try for that. I hope I have given a valid explanation over here on this topic.

I don’t understand why are you discouraging him from storing cookies in the phone no that will not affect at all. I do allow cookies in my phone and that does not mean that I am being traced. Yes some major websites do follow the pattern of tracking but that’s not the case with all sites. Now coming to your main question whether cookies will be affecting the phones performance or would cookies be dangerous for your phone then I should say no it isn’t. In fact it would help you in loading the web pages much quickly. That’s what you need to do.

Yes I make it a point to not delete the cookies at all from my phone because it is very important for me to remember the username and the password while logging in and once I clear out the cookies all such important data’s are lost. So that’s the reason why I have to keep the cookies in the phone so that I don’t have to recollect the username and the password every time while logging in social networking sites or major shopping online portals. So that’s one more benefit of keeping the cookies in the phone and I don’t believe in people telling me that tracking cookies are used by websites to trace is, no they aren’t true at all. Why should I believe in them? Everyone has their opinions and I am expressing mine over here. so do keep cookies in the phone it has many advantages and no disadvantages.