Thread: Not able to see picture messages in Nokia Lumia 710

Not able to see picture messages in Nokia Lumia 710

A lot of people have sent a lot of picture messages in my phone but I am not able to see any of them at all. Some weeks back I got this new phone nokia Lumia 710 from a nearby mall in my area. Now after getting this phone I am really cursing myself why have I got this phone? This phone has lot of problems especially with the battery and the touch. Now this new problem I can’t see the picture messages in the phone. this is something new. Whenever someone sends me a picture message all I get is a note saying that "get media content now". So whenever I press onto that nothing at all happens cant view any pictures at all. So that’s the problem with the phone. Anyways I want you all to tell me what could be the problem behind these? I want to know so that I can solve at least this problem in it. Please reply me back with the solutions. I am waiting for your response. Do reply as soon as possible.

Re: Not able to see picture messages in Nokia Lumia 710

The best solution that I can give you as of now is to have a check with the network settings. Ask your service provider to send in the mms settings for your phone and see if that does the tricks or not for your phone. I am sure you haven’t activated the mms settings in the phone and hence that’s why you are getting to see such messages in the phone. so first ask your service provider to send the mms settings in the phone. Once you receive it in the phone then only you would be able to view the picture messages in the phone. I hope that’s clear for you, that’s it from my side for you. Hope that was fine for you.

I don’t understand what’s the need of activating the MMS settings separately I had received the mss settings as soon as my sim card was activated. First just check in your network settings whether or not the mms settings are activated or not. it is very important to have a check about the same. in case if the mms settings are already activated in the phone then it would turn out to be a bug in the phone which you can report it to the nokia c enter and demand an explanation for the same. so that’s what you can do. I know this is a bit disappointing piece from nokia, lumia 710 has failed considerably to live up to its expectations. It is really not worth the 17K we pay for the handset, looks so small and apart from that having so many problems in the phone. so do give importance for whatever I have tried to make you understand on this. Probably you should get it solved.

See dude it is not necessary that you will get the network settings for every phone no that’s not true at all. For some sim card it does gets activated on its own for some you should call the network service provider and ask them to send the MMS settings for your phone. Once you have got the settings then use the application called as ‘Network Setup' which can be easily found in the Nokia Collection on Marketplace. Do search for the application then inside the application search for the operator and then alternatively set the Internet and MMS settings manually in it. do try it it’s a very useful application for you. I am quite sure that I have answered out all your questions. Still if you have some problem with the phone then you can let me know through PM or something I will sort out that for you.

Hope that’s fine with you. Have a great day!

I had the same problem with my Lumia 710 as well even I wasn’t able to view or see any of the picture messages at all. No videos can be played which I received from some of my friends even I have activated the mms settings in the phone. Now this was really getting onto my nerves. Did try finding help in some forums about this issue and I was not able to get any help from there. That’s why the only option I had was report this issue to the nokia care center and what they suggested me was reset to default factory settings and I was hesitant about it. That’s why I asked them to do it on their own for which they told me that they would return my phone after 2 days, I agreed to that and I went and collected the phone after which the problem has been solved. Now I am happy that it is not giving me any problems at all. So those who all have some problems then you all can get the problem solved in this way as well. do give a try for the same.

I would like to defend my Lumia 710 with this frankly speaking I haven’t had any problems with it, no I am dam serious about this. Haven’t facing any problem with the apps and also the touch. Don’t know why people keep complaining about this phone. dude if you have some problems with the receiving of the pictures it is very important for you to have a check with the network settings first, if that is proper then do check with your service provider and ask them why can you send the pics and all the multimedia stuffs? The answers and all you will get it from there only.

I don’t understand why are you still using the mms feature of the phone to send pics and all. When there are good applications like nimbuzz and whats app available then wjy do you go ahead with such a old traditional method. So if you have got a such a new phone then make use of the variety of the applications that it provides you.

Yes I know that dude but still it is a problem and has to be dealt with as well why to ignore such kind of problems. Anyways I will be calling up the customer support for such kind of problems and will be asking them to send the network settings in my phone so that I can activate the mms settings In the phone. Once I am done with that then I will check for the application named as network setup and see if I can get any help from there.

People you all have given some good suggestions over here thanks a ton for the same.