Thread: Call bug in Nokia Lumia 800

Call bug in Nokia Lumia 800

This is a small bug that I have noticed in my Lumia 800. Well whenever I am listening to some music stuff on my phone and when I get a call I don’t hear anything and also the music also does not gets cut out in the phone. Don’t understand what can be the reason behind that? In the earlier nokia phones my music used to get cut off as soon as I receive some call or a text message. So that’s when we get to know that we have got a call or message in my phone but the same feature is not there in my Lumia 800, so I don’t know how to activate this feature in my phone? Many a times it has happened that I have missed so many calls when I am listening to some music. This is a bug that needs to be fixed up by nokia as soon as possible. I hope somebody is listening to this. Waiting for the response from your side. Do reply guys.

Re: Call bug in Nokia Lumia 800

You might have not activated the ringer in the phone that’s why the music isn’t cutting off. Ring alert should be activated in your phone and then only you would get to know if there is some phone calls or not in the phone. I hope you did understand this what I am trying to tell you over here. still I am not getting a clear picture of what your problem is. I hope this small suggestion from my side would be of definite help for you. So you can try activating the same. in case if that does not work out for you then do come out over here and explain me in detail about the problem that would be better for me to have a look at. Hope this was understandable for you.

Yes it does happen with the profile and also check which mode have you activated in the phone. Many a times especially when I am coming back from the office I make it a point to switch to the music mode. So whoever calls my phone I make it a point to avoid and don’t answer the calls. So that’s why. In case if you have activated the vibration mode in the phone then activate it, your phone will vibrate in your pocket whenever there is some call then your phone will vibrate and you can answer out the call. However one thing to note here is that phone will continue to play music in the background that’s one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreanaz View Post
    You might have not activated the ringer in the phone that’s why the music isn’t cutting off. Ring alert should be activated in your phone and then only you would get to know if there is some phone calls or not in the phone. I hope you did understand this what I am trying to tell you over here. still I am not getting a clear picture of what your problem is. I hope this small suggestion from my side would be of definite help for you. So you can try activating the same. in case if that does not work out for you then do come out over here and explain me in detail about the problem that would be better for me to have a look at. Hope this was understandable for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by silvery View Post
    Yes it does happen with the profile and also check which mode have you activated in the phone. Many a times especially when I am coming back from the office I make it a point to switch to the music mode. So whoever calls my phone I make it a point to avoid and don’t answer the calls. So that’s why. In case if you have activated the vibration mode in the phone then activate it, your phone will vibrate in your pocket whenever there is some call then your phone will vibrate and you can answer out the call. However one thing to note here is that phone will continue to play music in the background that’s one thing.
    Yes you are all right that activating the vibrate mode will help but I must admit that the vibration of this phone is not so good at all. Simply because I can’t feel it. in the earlier phones even if I am there in the silent mode the music would get cut off from the phone but now this is not happening god knows what has truck nokia to make phones which continues to play music even if there is some call. I don’t want the ringer mode In the phone to be activated because I have the habit of keeping my phone in the vibrate mode. That’s what the thing. Now do tell me what do you all have to say about it? Any other suggestions that you all would like to give me then I am ready to hear it from you all.

Don’t you know there is feature in this nokia lumia 800 with which you can create a custom ringtone. So make a ringtone with no sound at all then you can use that ringtone whenever your phone rings out. So whenever you are listening to music you will get to hear this blank sound so that will alert you that a incoming call is coming and you can pick that up.

So as of now I think this is the best suggestion that I can give you as of now nothing much to say over here, that’s it from my side for you all.

Undoubtedly the idea is stupid but it is worth every money and the most useful suggestion that I can ever receive in this forum. Just don’t understand why didn’t this idea strike me before. I can tell you that I used such idea for making soundless alarms in many of my friends phone and the fun that we had when the alarm never used to ring up in the phone. it was totally awesome. In fact creating a custom ringtone is not a new feature in the nokia phones. This tradition has been carried out since I owned a nokia 2100 phone. I used to make some custom ringtones using the key f the phones and missing it up, that’s was too fun to make it.

Anyways at the end all I can say is appreciate your idea.