Thread: Unable to make calls in my Lumia 800.

Unable to make calls in my Lumia 800.

After the most recent update in my device, I have come across an issue peculiar enough to get me into concern. The issue is that, at times I’m unable to make calls from it and it allows me to make emergency calls only. And when I try dialing the number, it shows ‘Call ended’ in 3 seconds leaving me in an unidentified mess. This problem started after the last update that I did on my device but it happened only at times. But since last 3 days, the issue has become more strong and happens frequently or should I say, I am rarely able to make calls. What, according to the experts here could be the issue? I don’t know if the cause is severe, but for me the trouble I’m facing is severe enough. A quick and efficient solution would be highly appreciated.

Re: Unable to make calls in my Lumia 800.

I don’t really think this issue is related to your device. I believe this is network issue. Problems related to calls are rarely in connection to the device. Do the basic troubleshooting step of removing the Battery, SIM card and put it back. The SIM card might not be inserted properly, so make sure it is properly inserted in its slot in the direction specified. If even that doesn’t seem to help, you can probably contact your service provider and lodge a complaint. They’ll help you sort it out if it is in any chance related to their network. Also, enquire with friends or other people using the same network if they are facing the same issue.

I tried all that you said in spite of the fact that I always knew it wasn’t a network issue since I can receive calls and send or receive SMSes too. The results to all you tried to do were:

Do the basic troubleshooting step of removing the Battery, SIM card and put it back. The SIM card might not be inserted properly, so make sure it is properly inserted in its slot in the direction specified.
    Did both of that, the SIM card is perfectly inserted. I reinserted the battery and the SIM card also.

you can probably contact your service provider and lodge a complaint
    They checked it for me and said, there’s no issue at their end

enquire with friends or other people using the same network if they are facing the same issue
    none of them are facing this issue

Still, the issue with the network cannot be ruled out. What if the issue is in the place where you are located? Maybe, the network isn’t very strong out there. I am still not convinced that the outgoing call issue is with your device.

I can receive calls and send or receive SMSes too
    As you said, the problem doesn’t always exist right? This might be happening in one of those times.

They checked it for me and said, there’s no issue at their end
    You really think, they’ll degrade their system as soon as you call by saying, yes! The issue is with us?
    Anyways, I would like to ask you to perform one final test before concluding that your phone is at fault. It is a very simple thing to do. Try inserting the SIM card you are using into another phone and check out if it is working. If it doesn’t work there also, you know what to conclude.

Your test failed! I could make calls very easily from another phone and my network is working fine. I am not criticizing your effort in fact I am thankful to you that you gave me stronger reason to trust my service provider. The issue is undoubtedly with my own phone. But what that issue exactly is still a mystery. I’ll be grateful if anyone promptly and voluntarily help me get out of this trouble.

I needn’t explain you, things cannot get worse if you are not able to make calls from your cell phone.

I have had a very similar problem and I happened to solve it. The problem is not related to the network as Sasuke Uchiha mentioned. There is a myth among users that issues with calls are always related to network. That is very wrong. There are equal chances of the issue being related to the device; always blaming it on the network provider is not a very preferable thing to do. Anyways, the solution to what Raana mentioned is as follows:
    Go to settings > applications > phone and check show phone number to my contacts

This should solve your issue.

I agree to everything you said and as a result of which I did follow the path you mentioned but unfortunately, the path did not exist at the first place and even after what I assumed is an alternate path in my system, it did not help.
    I am sure, the solution is the same, but how to about it? I mean, if I could be guided by some Lumia user, things could get better.

The solution provided is apt and the sub issue that you are facing is only because of change in the model. I’ll help you with the steps.
    1. Go to Phone Application
    2. Tap ‘…’ and go to ‘call settings’
    3. Check ‘Show My Caller ID’ to everyone
    4. Tap ‘back’
    This is the final solution to your issue. Happy phoning.

if u go to setting and then application setting then show my caller id and change it to contact only , then u can make call to only those guys whos number is save in this phone only , for resolvinv the issue u need to reset ur device