Thread: How to get tv input in lenovo thinkpad SL410

How to get tv input in lenovo thinkpad SL410

I have bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 and I am willing to watch movies via SL410 which is having only vga out port where as the tv is having avi jack, so I have bought the vga to avi convertor but then I am still not getting picture on tv.is there anyone who can help me out dealing with this??

Re: How to get tv input in lenovo thinkpad SL410

I have bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 and I am willing to watch movies via SL410 which is having only vga out port where as the tv is having avi jack, so I have bought the vga to avi convertor but then I am still not getting picture on tv.is there anyone who can help me out dealing with this??
    As far as I am aware you will have to get a converter just a simple converter cable won’t be enough, I just wanted to know if your Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 is having HDMI port?? You can try to use combination keys like Fn - F7 for the monitor switching and see if that is helping, other than this you should also check out the Display Adaptor Driver after plugging in VGA to check out if the new hardware is getting recognized or not.

I agree to the above user but then along with the Fn+F7 key for activating the computer screen you should also check out if the TV setting is turned to AVI mode or not and only then the Fn keys will work. Hope you are having the hotkey drivers for your system if not then download the same from Lenovo site and see if they are helping.

Before I suggest you something about the same just let me know the following things:
    • Is your laptop having HDMI port?
    • Brand and model of the tv that you are using?
    • Brand of the cable that you are using?

Just let me know the above things so that I can have a better idea of your case and will try to help you with the same.