Thread: Getting bsod on Lenovo ThinkPad X201 when trying to boot to a new vertex 3 drive

Getting bsod on Lenovo ThinkPad X201 when trying to boot to a new vertex 3 drive

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad X201 and now I am getting bsod when I am trying to boot to a new vertex 3 drive, I have got all the Newest drivers via system update but then I don’t know why I am getting BSOD when booting on battery, I am having AHCI mode enabled in bios, I don’t get any such bsod in the "compatibility" mode, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea for fixing it as well??

Re: Getting bsod on Lenovo ThinkPad X201 when trying to boot to a new vertex 3 drive

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad X201 and now I am getting bsod when I am trying to boot to a new vertex 3 drive, I have got all the Newest drivers via system update but then I don’t know why I am getting BSOD when booting on battery, I am having AHCI mode enabled in bios, I don’t get any such bsod in the "compatibility" mode, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea for fixing it as well??
    Is it resulting in to BSOD when on battery only? Or with the ac power as well? I am not that sure but then I have found one having the same issue and he was able to solve it out by first removing the battery and booting with laptop with AC power plugged in and once it boots up fine then booting the laptop again after hooking up the battery, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference in your case or not.

Re: Getting bsod on Lenovo ThinkPad X201 when trying to boot to a new vertex 3 drive

If the above solution does not help you then you can try installing the rapid storage technology driver, I have found some people facing blue screens with the Vertex 3 without the RST driver, so you can check it out and find out if you are having the same case or what.

Just let me know the following things before I suggest you something about this:
    • Operating System
    • BIOS version
    • Driver version

Just check out the above things and post them here for further help.

Below is the requested information:
    • Windows 7 home premium
    • BIOS version 1.38 IIRC
    • Driver version- 2.15

I am having the latest bios and I am having the latest firmware for SSD as well but then they does not seems to be making any difference, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of the bsod?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I have checked about the same and have found a no of people having the same issue with a sandforce controller ssd. The issue seems to be because of some kind of hardware/firmware incompatibility, the sandforce controller ssd has been found to be resulting in BSOD and causing other damage to the system as well, if possible then stop using such ssd so as to avoid such issues.