Thread: How to make video calls on Creative Ziio 7

How to make video calls on Creative Ziio 7

Recently I have bought 2 Creative Ziio 7 inch tablets. One for my person usage and another one for my Home usage. I live far from home and I always want to stay connected with my Home and family members. So I am wondering if this tab allows me to do video calls. I have installed the Tango and Skype but no luck. I can hear voice over these apps but no video. Any help?

Re: How to make Video calls on Creative Ziio 7

As far as I know that you at least need to have Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) in order to support video calls and should have a front-facing camera. The creative ZIIO has Android 2.2 (Froyo) which might support video calls but it doesn’t have font facing camera, only rear camera. So video calls from with Skype are not possible.

Re: How to make video calls on Creative Ziio 7

In order to be able to video calls the user at the other end of the line of course, also the support. To do this, the other will have a modern Android device, or use Google Talk and a webcam to your computer desktop. The connection can be established via 3G or WiFi and the application can properly handle multitasking. The Honeycomb version even has built-in image stabilization.

Re: How to make Video calls on Creative Ziio 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ilampirai View Post
    As far as I know that you at least need to have Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) in order to support video calls and should have a front-facing camera. The creative ZIIO has Android 2.2 (Froyo) which might support video calls but it doesn’t have font facing camera, only rear camera. So video calls from with Skype are not possible.
    This is really a big disappointment for all Creative Ziio users. Even if it is running Android, there is no option to make video calls from it and this is completely undeniable. However one more drawback is, so far I don’t see any software update coming for Zii0 7. So there is no hope that Android 2.3 Gingerbread is coming to this tablet. You can install any version of skype but for true video calling support feature, the device should have front camera.

The latest update of Skype application for Android finally introduces the ability to make video calls, both on WiFi and 3G. Unfortunately, when only 4 are compatible smartphone, but the company promises to extend support to other models. Skype has announced a new version of its app for Android that carries the video calls on the mobile operating system from Google. With this new update smarthpone Android owners can make and receive free video calls with other users who use the same mobile operating system, but with reed contacts using the iPhone, Mac and Windows PC. The video call feature can be used with a data connection, Wi-Fi or 3G but it is not the only novelty of this update. Even the program's interface has been completely redesigned.

There are several Apps for Android, you can try any one of the below mentioned:
    • GTalk: App native, comes in all Android phones, so if you are using GMail is a great app that offers a very good video quality.
    • Tango: We mentioned features, compatible with most phones with Android, free in the Market.
    • Fring: Much like the iPhone app and is free in the Market.
    • Qik Video: Excellent quality, against him are the few users that account, also free in the Market, but you look right for your devices in the Market, as there are several apps depending on device and even cellular operator.

A disadvantage of this tablet that has no possibilities for a 3G connection. In addition, the tablet which is inexpensive in that feel is also cheaper materials may be used, but this would not have to reduce the ease of use. Looking at the features and capabilities of the tablet, this is definitely a good choice. It is suitable for daily use; you can use the internet and email and can even play this tablet. Do you really intensive word processing or gaming and video calling; you'll still have to look for an alternative.