Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTC One X gets overheated quickly

Re: HTC One X gets overheated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Kh@LnaYak View Post
    You have not yet answered my complete question, were you having the overheating issue since the day you have bought the phone?? if you want then you can try using some other battery and check out if it is making any difference. if that does not help then there are possibilities that there might be some kind of hardware issue that might have occurred suddenly and you will have to contact the service center for the same.
    Over heating started the day when i bought ... Right from day one .and secondly theres no open cose thing in htc one x ... I cant remove the battery

Quote Originally Posted by tech_noobie View Post
    Over heating started the day when i bought ... Right from day one .and secondly theres no open cose thing in htc one x ... I cant remove the battery
    Yes, i forgot that it is having a built in battery, anyways i really don't think that the phone should get over heated in 15 minutes while browsing, there is surely something wrong with the hardware side of the phone, better visit service center and check out what they have to say about the same.

I downloaded the "Dungeon Defender", and i feelt the One X was melting between my hands, it became veryyy warm

I'm having the same issue here. I've got the One X for about a week now. I'm very surprised with it's processor speed, it's sound quality is amazing but, today something unexpected happened when I was at work. A message appeared that the internal memory was very low (the message said lower than 129MB) and then 5mins later 100mb lower, then 80mb lower and so on...and I was not doing anything... so I tried to clear some unnecessary progs/files whatever. I clicked on that and there was nothing to clear and from no where while my phone was in the drawer and haven't touched it for about 1 hour this happened very from nowhere. After a while I was holding down the power button and probably the battery was dead from the heating. It couldn't turn on I thought because of very low battery. Anyway I waited for about 10minutes and retried to switch it on and it turned on and had 13% of battery. Still hot. I tried to close every single prog from task manager/task killer, and for 10minutes nothing changed on it's temperature. I came home restarted it, memory was ok I don't know why that message popped up about low internal memory and plug it on the charger. It's been 15minutes and the temperature it's back on it's normal temperature. (32.5c while charging) I'm taking it back to the store I bought it from and let them know what happened. This was not normal overheating. While not using the phone become fire. I hope this will not happen again but it has 2 years of guarantee so I better take it back before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by andreas.andreou View Post
    I'm taking it back to the store I bought it from and let them know what happened. This was not normal overheating. While not using the phone become fire. I hope this will not happen again but it has 2 years of guarantee so I better take it back before it's too late.
    Thats the better idea. So much of overheating can cause some physical problems to your ears or head. Instead of trying any non working troubleshoot and getting annoyed, you should better get it replaced or fixed as it is under warranty. Hope you have not rooted it yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12