Thread: Brand new SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB drive already loaded with files

Brand new SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB drive already loaded with files

I have got brand new SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB memory stick. While connecting for the first time on my computer, I have noticed that there are already bunch of files stored on it. I really confused about it now and don’t know whether I should delete them or not. I don’t want to keep them on stick. I assume that they are unnecessary but afraid that removing them could mess up something. This is the first time I am using this brand. Any suggestions?

Re: Brand new SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB drive already loaded with files

I have never heard about anything like that. This is the first I am hearing this from someone. It looks like a manufacturer defect but no sure. However if you are afraid about deleting them, then copy them to the system HDD and delete all files from USB stick. If it works perfectly, then you don’t need to worry about anything.

You have not looked properly into those files stored in your USB stick. Actually those files are Secure Access software setup files and documentation/manuals. Usually a good and original USB stick always comes with a small disc which contains USB pen drive software and some manuals about how to use it. The software is meant for different features to get from USB drive. It is also used for data protection and other tasks. The SanDisk just have provided Edge USB memory software inside the drive only other than providing as separate disc. Don’t worry about that.

Yes, it seems quite sensible. Instead of a separate disk it is a good idea to deliver the software within the drive only. It is quite convenient and very useful approach. It is helpful for those who don’t have CD-drive on their computer like people who are using netbook or something like that.

SanDisk Cruzer Edge was so nice and gave me the 4GB model for a test made available. The stick has, in my opinion, a great size. It is possible to stick with the Secure Access software to use to encrypt their data. It is available for both Windows and Mac. I liked it but not so well. Moreover, the software is on my stick and it takes extra space from it. Honestly, I don’t use bundled” software As for encryption, TrueCrypt will stay with me the first choice

I am also using the same SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB drive and it was bundled with a Secure Access software within its own memory. However everything fine with this stick except benchmark does not seem to be unrealistic. With a brief write speed of 5mb / s it is not the fastest. After the write speed I have also taken the reading speed again under the microscope. The read speed is thus about twice as high as the write speeds. That's all right. Even if it is not the fastest overall.