Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Pen and Touch not working with Windows

Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Pen and Touch not working with Windows

I have recently bought the Lenovo ThinkPad X200 which was originally having Windows vista installed on that. I did a clean install of the Windows 7. Installation completed without any problem. All the other things are working well but the Pen and Touch are not working. This is really weird and I cannot predict any reason for this. Can someone over here tell me that how can I get this problem resolved. I haves searched for this on google but there is no result for this. Please help me with this.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Pen and Touch not working with Windows

It seems that you are missing the driver. So install the driver for that and you will find that working. Normally you don’t have to install this but in case it is not working then you will have to install this yourself. So do this and if after doing this also you are having the same problem then please post back.

One thing that you must ensure is that the tablet PC input service is installed. To check that, you will have to go to the programs and features control panel which is beneath windows components.

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    One thing that you must ensure is that the tablet PC input service is installed. To check that, you will have to go to the programs and features control panel which is beneath windows components.
    Thank you so much for your reply. I found that the tablet PC input service is not installed. I went to the device manager and there is one "Unknown Device" within devices. I am not able to find any of the reference for the tablet device within the device manager. I think that the unknown device that I am getting is nothing but the pen/touch interface. I really don’t know much about installing the correct driver. Please guide me for this.

You must make sure that you have logged in with the admin account while installing the driver. So if you are not the admin then ask admin to give you admin password and if not possible the you can also ask admin to provide the appropriate privilege to your account. I am telling you this because if you don’t have proper rights then you will not be able to install the driver and some of the times the changes do not take effect. Other than this, you must also make sure that all the drivers are upto date.

I am happy to tell you that the driver which you are looking can be found here. If you want then you can also download and install the TVSU form here and this will automate the process.

This could be the hardware problem. I mean that there is some problem with the touchpad of your unit. If you want to ensure then just connect an external mouse in your computer and see if that is working properly.

Are you using the pirated version of the Windows 7 or this is the genuine version. If using the pirated then I want to tell you that first of all it is illegal and other than this it is missing some of the files because of which user faces many problems. There are many of the users who have faced the similar problem. So this is not new case. If you are using the genuine copy and then also getting the same problem then this is surely the driver problem and installing drivers will solve the issue for you.