Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 is not turning off

Lenovo ThinkPad T410 is not turning off

I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T410 and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and now It is not shutting down until the battery drains out, later when I turn it on again then it takes long time to come up with the splash screen, If I have to shut it down then I have to force it to shutdown using the power button, is there anything that I have to do to get it working properly??

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 is not turning off

I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T410 and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and now It is not shutting down until the battery drains out, later when I turn it on again then it takes long time to come up with the splash screen, If I have to shut it down then I have to force it to shutdown using the power button, is there anything that I have to do to get it working properly??
    I have found some people facing the same but then their issue was solved after updating the BIOS and Intel AMT 6.2 Management Engine Firmware. So just update them from the below link and see if the issue is getting solved or not.
    BIOS
    Intel AMT 6.2 Management Engine Firmware

Hey thanks for your interest but then I had already updated the bios and now I have tried installing it again from the above link and I am getting an error message saying “unable to locate intel drivers (Intel AMT 6.2 Management Engine Firmware)” is there anything I can do about the same now?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

In that case you can try out resetting the CMOS and if that does not help then you will have to try out reinstalling windows to see if it is making any difference, just check it out and then let me know which possible solution is helping.