Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad X220T turning of randomly

Lenovo Thinkpad X220T turning of randomly

I recently started facing this problem with the Lenovo Thinkpad X220T. Earlier this was running well without any problem. But from last one while I am playing game or doing any work on computer then it shuts down suddenly without any reason and I have to start it again but again it results the same. It is really very annoying and I need to solve this as soon as possible.

I have tried with all the minor solutions that I know about this but that is not working for me. Now I am completely helpless and don’t know what to do. Can somebody over here help me with reply that what should be done for this? Please help.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X220T turning of randomly

This is seemed to be problem with overheating. Whenever the system gets overheated then it turns off automatically and this is to avoid any damage of the hardware. If you wish to monitor the temperature of the system then you can make use of the HWinfo32. This will inform you that at what temperature your system is running. With the software, check your hardware through its paces. The tool checks and analyzes including monitor, video card, disk drives and network connections. The results can be presented in a clear tree structure. Using benchmark tests can quickly determine which reserves will stick in your PC.

Pros
    • Well-organized information
    • Reading the temperature sensors
    • Benchmarks and comparative
    • Export reports to six formats

Cons
    • Shows little information for each device

If the BIOS firmware is outdated then also you can get the issues like this. So what you can do is just update the firmware to the latest version and that can solve the problem for you. If this does not help then please reply back and we will see for some other solution for this.

If you are facing random shutdown/restart on your system then this also indicates that there might be failure of the memory module. To get this thing verified, it is recommended to download the memtest x86 and then make the bootable cd/thumb used for it. Allow it to run for at least one hour straight and see if you get any error. If you get any error then that is the problem and once the source of the issue known then it will be easy to move on to the solution for the issue.

There are many of the similar problems of restart and shutdown and the reason for this comes as the faulty memory and so I am having doubt that you are also having the same problem.

As you suddenly started to get this problem then you must try with restoring the system to some earlier date when the system was running well. Go to system utilities and there you will find one option as system restore. Select that option and when that asks you for the restore date then select the last date when there was no problem with the system and click on restore. You might have to follow some simple onscreen instruction and that can be understood with the text. Make this as last option if none of the other possible solution helps you.

Have you recently installed some program on your computer? I am asking this if this started immediately after installing that program then just uninstall that program from your computer and restart the computer. See if you are getting the same problem again.

This could be some virus that is causing this problem for you. If you are not having any antivirus installed on your computer then you must install a good antivirus first and update that for the latest virus definition. Now scan the whole computer with that. Try to heal all the threads that it detects. If it fails to heal an of the infected file then you can directly delete that file but make sure that the file which you are deleting is not a system file or a file which is very important for you.

Remove the battery from this and then try to run that directly by connecting the AC adapter. If this does not shows that problem with the Ac adapter then the problem is surely with the battery and you need to change that with a new one.

Have you checked the SYSTEM Event log? As far as I know that the some component blurbs out something over there earlier than restarting or shutting down the computer. See if you can get some idea from that.