Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X201 cannot detect finger

Lenovo ThinkPad X201 cannot detect finger

Hello guys, I am using the Lenovo ThinkPad X201 tablet and having some problem with its touch. There is problem with the pen touch. This is working great without any issue but that only fails to detect the finger. Can someone over here tell me why this is happening to me? Is this model having the finger touch enabled? Thank you so much for reading and replying to this in advance.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X201 cannot detect finger

You have not mentioned that which operating system are you using? If you are using the Windows 7 then just go to the Windows 7 and go to system. Just look in the center of that page and you will get that whether your display is cable to use pan, pen and touch, no pen or touch. This is the best thing to get the answer for this. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    You have not mentioned that which operating system are you using? If you are using the Windows 7 then just go to the Windows 7 and go to system. Just look in the center of that page and you will get that whether your display is cable to use pan, pen and touch, no pen or touch. This is the best thing to get the answer for this. I hope that this will be helpful to you.
    Thank you so much for such a quick reply. I have checked that and found it as "Pen and Touch input available with 2 touch points" but then also it is not able to accept the touch input. Can you tell me that what I should do in order to get this problem resolved?

It must work for Pen and figure touch both with the Windows 7. Are you using Windows 7 Service pack 1. What you can do is, just install the Lenovo update to the latest. If this is because of the problem with the update then it will solve the problem for you. So do this and let me know if this solves the problem or not. If that resolves the problem then it’s ok or else please reply back and we will try to solve this in some other possible way.

Just uninstall the driver and after that install this one. I found that there are many of the users who have resolved the problem in this way and so I hope that it will be the same for you as well.

There might be some problem with the touchpad of Lenovo ThinkPad X201. So this could be the hardware problem. Just get it to some computer repairing shop and they will fix this for you otherwise you can also contact the Lenovo support if your unit is under warranty. They will give you the best suggestion for this. This is the only thing that I can recommend you about this and I hope that it will be helpful for you.

One thing that you must ensure that you don’t have any king of cover or anything on your hands like gloves. If this is the case then you are surely not going to get it working with the finger touch.