Thread: No U3 with Sandisk flash drives on Best Buy

No U3 with Sandisk flash drives on Best Buy

I recently saw a Sandisk flash drives advertisement where it said that the flash drive now comes up with a U3 programming built in. I was quite happy with this addition feature in this flash drive. The advertisement also said that the U3 added sandisk flash drive is available at Best Buy. So therefore excitedly I ordered one from there, but then when I opened the package what I noticed was that there was no U3 inside it.

Now my question is if U3 is not being provided then why exactly these people are advertising it senselessly. And the worst part is that the same advertisement is actually being used up by Best Buy which is quite annoying. Just because of them we customers are facing the problem.

Re: No U3 with Sandisk flash drives on Best Buy

I am not sure with whatever you said because until now I have not seen any such advertisement related to U3 or something. Anyways forget about the advertisement and U3, if you really do not want to use your flash drive without a U3 facility you can simply return your device or else get it replace with some other brand and model

I just forgot to mention that the product which I bought from best buy is non returnable once if I open the package; I hope you know about this thing if you are a regular customer of Best Buy. They think is that it was no where mentioned on the flash drive pack that U3 is not available with it, and therefore I just unpacked it and checked but then I realized that the advertisement was wrong.

Now the package is opened and I can’t return it, the worst thing is that now I am having such a flash drive which is not at all required for me as I was only concerned about U3 and as said there is no U3 provided with it. I solely bought this drive for U3 feature.

I am a regular customer and user of best buy products and for your kind information let me tell you that till now I have successfully replaced and returned multiple products from best buy with some of the other reason. You should be easily able to replace or return your sandisk flash drive without any issue even if you have unpacked it.

I guess it’s not a CD which you have purchased from best buy rather it’s just a flash drive, so you should be able to return it. If you have the complete packaging and the sales slip with you. Once you show your device, packaging and the sales slip to best buy they would easily replace the device.

Yeah I do understand your issue, even I saw the same advertisement recently on 03/17/2012 which said that the SanDisk flash drive do come up with a U3 feature which was actually not the fact. But after watching the advertisement I didn’t directly went on to buy this device instead I searched on web about it and then I came up with the news saying that there is currently some sort of issue going on with U3 and due to this reason it has been stopped temporarily. Therefore I dropped my plan of buying the flash drive and saved myself from getting into a mess. Anyways why don’t you complain to best buy for showing such non related wrong advertisement?

Before going on for a replacement or returning the device just try out the following thing.
    • Try the flash drive in the Windows XP puter
    • Hope now you see the U3 software here
    • Also make sure that you update the U3 software
    There are certain thing that you need to know, first is that if you try the SanDisk Flash drive in a windows 7 puter you wont find the U3 software anywhere but if you do the same in a Windows XP puter you will easily see the U3 software. Also I would like to tell you that if you update the U3 software you will be easily able to see the U3 software with windows 7 puter.

I am extremely sorry if I am interrupting in-between any conversation or thread but I would really like to thank you for creating this thread. I was really not at all aware of this thing. From past few days I was planning to go for using a U3 technology and after I saw the best buy advertisement I was very much excited to know that best buy still has it but however you saved me from wasting my money and buying this device. I will surely call up best buy and let them know that they are providing the customers with wrong information, at least they can fix the web site and update it with the latest information and details.

Some people believe that SanDisk and Microsoft is having some sort of conflict between them due to which U3 is having these issue. They also say that SanDisk have sold U3 to Microsoft and due to which now U3 is not available to SanDisk. Let me tell everyone that U3 is still owned by SanDisk, actually if you see U3 was originally made and developed by sandsik and Microsoft systems. However SanDisk did not sell out U3 to Microsoft. In fact you know Microsoft and SanDisk have now also created Startkey which is yet to come up in the market.

I guess Microsoft and SanDisk have some deal amongst them which is restricting SanDisk from manufacturing U3 enabled devices on its own. Maybe just because of this reason SanDisk have stopped making such devices from past few years.

And surely if the devices are stopped manufacturing from past so many years how come best buy will be able to provide the same to the customers at this moment of time. What they did from past so many year, cant they just edit and update their advertisements so that the customers get the correct information and do not get any issue.

As in my case U3 seems to work just fine in my windows 7 32 bit system in a native mode.