Thread: How to attach a 4GB Sandisk Cruzer USB drive

How to attach a 4GB Sandisk Cruzer USB drive

Have some doubts regarding this Cruzer USB drive. I bought a new 3 pack of 4GB Cruzer USB drives from a retail shop. I know that this regular sized drive comes up with a lanyard with a fin end in order to attach but I do not find the same in ones which I am having. I wonder how I can use this drive without having the ability of attaching something to the device. Is there anyone who knows how to attach the USB drives or should I simply return the device back to the retailer shop?

Re: How to attach a 4GB Sandisk Cruzer USB drive

I don’t understand why sandisk wont include a 3 cent lanyard, what exactly their problem is? There are certain manufacturers who still include a lanyard, then why not sandisk includes them. I remember sandisk used to come up with lanyards but don’t know what’s wrong with them right now. Its really do not make any sense that such a bigger brand ignores to come with a lanyards. If it’s a budget brand drive then its quite understandable if they doesn’t comes with a lanyard but I guess sandisk is a premium brand then how come they are ignoring such things.

If you check out other Sanddisk devices like Cruzer Mini you will find that they come up with an attachment bar on the edge allowing a small key in order to attach those regular sized SSDs that do not have a bar located on an end. Due to this there is no way I can get a ring or fishing twist to make the radius with the needle nose pillars.

I must say that SanDisk have now went off to create the issue of designing the case in order to accommodate a specific style of lanyard. And from then they went to the expense manufacturing this design that includes the metal bar to firmly attach. There are people who take it as a minor issue but still users like me always search for all the compatibility and accessibility. I am looking at two premium SanDisk flash drives that I have purchased; I am wondering whether it is worth for me to waste both my time and money for going in search of an appropriate lanyard.

I would simply return those drives and then go for some off- brands which would be cheaper and convenient.

You can simply make a ring on the Cruzer with the help of a small short piece of fish line or a small plastic cable tie, after that you Lanyard would surely work. Or maybe you can get an inexpensive device from online or somewhere from a local retail shop.