Thread: Getting Ultrabay HDD eject message when Lenovo ThinkPad T510 wake from sleep

Getting Ultrabay HDD eject message when Lenovo ThinkPad T510 wake from sleep

I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T510 which has Intel SSD + extra HDD in Ultrabay along with CheckPoint HDD encryption on the drives as well and it is running on windows 7 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when the laptop wake up from sleep then I get an message saying the below thing:
    "Problem ejecting < ultrabay HDD>, The device is currently in use ..."
    Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea of getting rid of this message??

Re: Getting Ultrabay HDD eject message when Lenovo ThinkPad T510 wake from sleep

I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T510 which has Intel SSD + extra HDD in Ultrabay along with CheckPoint HDD encryption on the drives as well and it is running on windows 7 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when the laptop wake up from sleep then I get an message saying the below thing:
    "Problem ejecting < ultrabay HDD>, The device is currently in use ..."
    Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea of getting rid of this message??
    As far as I can guess I think that Windows might be accessing some file on the ultrabay HDD, in order to get rid of the message just make sure that not file is in use in that drive before the file is going in to sleep mode, just check it out and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

Re: Getting Ultrabay HDD eject message when Lenovo ThinkPad T510 wake from sleep

I have been facing the same issue and in my case I am having T510 that is running on windows 7 and currently I am using hard drive in the Ultrabay and it seems your solution is explaining why we are getting the unable to eject message but then the actually issued that we are facing is that it should not try to eject the drive, I have used the 3 T series ThinkPads as well but then I never had any such issues there when the system used to resume after sleep.I have been looking after a solution for the same and I have found a no of people facing the same as well but then I have not yet found an effective solution to solve this issues, if anyone finds out a working solution then please post it here, it will be very helpful.

You can count me in as well for the same issue , in my case I am having second hd on the ultrabay and even I have not come across a working solution for this but then placing a paging file on the ultrabay drive seems to be helping out,I have been doing the same and with that At least the drive is not turning off but then the performance seems to be suffering, I am using windows 7 and it is not letting me to turn off wap off the C:/ drive, I have checked out the power management of the Lenovo so as to prevent the powering off but the I have not found the same.

I am having the same issue with T510 and it seems as if it is because of incompatiblibility between the ultrabay and the windows, I am getting the same message when I am putting DVD-RW in the Ultra-bay and I also get it when I insert an HDD into the ultrabay or when I try to unmount it in Windows. I am not having any such issues in accessing the same. I have tried out all the possible solutions that I could think of and the ones that has been mentioned above but then they have not helped. I am really running out of ideas now.

Before I suggest you about this I just wanted to know the below things:
    • Are you having write catching disabled on the Ultrabay? If not then try out the same
    • Are you having the Intel RST installed? If not then get the latest version of it from the dell website

Just check out these things and then post back the result that you get for them.

I was having the same issue but then trying out the below things had solved it out:
    • Updating all the drivers including the chipset and bios
    • Reformatting the ultrabay hdd
    • Making the drive policy to non caching.

If you all want then you can try out the same and see if this solution is helping you out as well or not.