Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 cursor moves randomly

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 cursor moves randomly

Hi all, I am using the Lenovo ThinkPad X220 and my problem is that the cursor on it moving all over the screen randomly and that clicks on anywhere on the screen. I am not even touching the touchpad then also it is happening to me. I have recently changed its screen as older one was cracked and after that I stared to get this issue. Can you guess that what can be the reason for this? If you can guess anything regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 cursor moves randomly

It will be better for you if you update the BIOS and the Driver to the latest version of it available. Make sure that you are doing this from the ThinkVantage System Update. There is more possibility that the problem will be resolved after this but if the problem persists then one last option left for you is to reinstall the operating system again. Do the clean install and that will let you out of the issue.

Last month I was also facing somewhat similar issue and I tried many things to get it solved but all the things failed to work. Finally I updated the Driver and that resolves the issue for me. I hope that it will do the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    It will be better for you if you update the BIOS and the Driver to the latest version of it available. Make sure that you are doing this from the ThinkVantage System Update. There is more possibility that the problem will be resolved after this but if the problem persists then one last option left for you is to reinstall the operating system again. Do the clean install and that will let you out of the issue.

Last month I was also facing somewhat similar issue and I tried many things to get it solved but all the things failed to work. Finally I updated the Driver and that resolves the issue for me. I hope that it will do the same for you.
    Hey, thank you so much for the reply. I have already tried by updateding the BIOS but that does not worked for me and all the drivers are upto date. So I am safe from this site. There might be some other thing that is causing problem for this.

This could be related to the virus in your Lenovo ThinkPad X220. Are you having any antivirus installed in your Lenovo ThinkPad X220? If not then install a good one and update the definition to the latest version of it. Scan and heal all the threads which are detected. This could help you to get out of issue.

Just try by connecting some external mouse in it and disable the touchpad. See if you are getting the same problem again? If it is same with the external mouse as well then the problem is with the system and if this started working without any problem then there is something wrong with the touchpad and you must contact to some hardware person. He will fix this issue for you. Checking for the virus is also a good option as there are high chances of it when system is infected with virus then it shows some random behavior like this. I hope you will be out of this issue soon.

The best thing that you can do is to contact to the Lenovo support and they will tell you that what is the problem with this and how can it be solved. They are the people who solve the issues like this regularly and you will get the exact answer from them.

You can also try by restoring the system to some earlier date when it was running well without any problem. Don’t worry; it will not remove any of the saved data from your computer. Make this as the last option when nothing helps you.