Thread: Lenovo T520 ThinkPad Screen Getting Heated

Lenovo T520 ThinkPad Screen Getting Heated

I have been using Lenovo T520 ThinkPad and it has just been two months since I have bought the same and I was not having any issues with the same but then from a week I have found that the right corner of my screen is getting heated, the part that was getting heated is having slightly darker spot on a white screen, I have checked about the same and it appears to be related to the backlight, I don’t know what caused the same, it is still under the warranty period but then the service center won’t be repairing it soon, I cannot wait for weeks to get it back as I have a lot of work to carry out with it, so I just wanted to know that can I try to fix the same somehow???

Re: Lenovo T520 ThinkPad Screen Getting Heated

I have been using Lenovo T520 ThinkPad and it has just been two months since I have bought the same and I was not having any issues with the same but then from a week I have found that the right corner of my screen is getting heated, the part that was getting heated is having slightly darker spot on a white screen, I have checked about the same and it appears to be related to the backlight, I don’t know what caused the same, it is still under the warranty period but then the service center won’t be repairing it soon, I cannot wait for weeks to get it back as I have a lot of work to carry out with it, so I just wanted to know that can I try to fix the same somehow???
    I think that you should better contact the Lenovo support for the same and find out if they are agreeing upon repairing it soon in your case, and for now better try using an external monitor as there are chances that the damage may expand, I mean the dark spot that you have noticed, it is basically the LED sub card which is behind the bezel at the bottom of the screen and that’s what might be getting heated, if you try to repair it yourself then you will be voiding warranty as well. If you run in to further issues then the dell won’t help you out. So just contact the Lenovo support and check out what they have to say about the same.

Even I was going to suggest you the same, since you are under the warranty period I don’t think that trying to repair the same will be a better idea, I mean that first of all it will void the warranty and it’s not sure as well that you will be able to repair it out on your own.

I will suggest you not wait too long thinking that you will be able to fix out the same, I mean that if you wait then as one has already mentioned there are chances where the dark spot might get bigger due to the heat, at some extent you might get crack on the screen as well due to the overheating so stop using it in the same way and better use an external monitor if possible, it is really a good idea for now, do not take risk of repairing it by your own.

I will try contacting them as almost everyone has mentioned the same, anyways I just wanted to share that I had started using an external monitor and I was having a dual monitor "extended" screen setup before the problem arise, so here I just wanted to know that is that the possible cause of the issue?? I mean that can using the laptop in a dual monitor "extended" screen setup result in such case??? Or it might have happened because of something else??? I just want to clear it out because I don’t want to run in to same issues after repair as I am not willing to stop the use of dual monitor??? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It’s hard to guess what might have caused this issues but then I don’t think that it might have occurred because of the dual monitor setup, I am saying so because I have found a no of people using the their laptop with dual monitors and have not faced such issues, anyways can you just post the model and the specs of your T520 ThinkPad so I can check out if anyone else has faced the same issue or not, just post it here for further help.

I am having this one:
    • T520 Model 4239
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
    • Intel & Nvidia 4200M graphics
    • 1x1 11b/g/n Wireless LAN PCI Express Half Mini Card Adapter

I have already checked out for the same and I have not yet found anyone else facing the same issue because of dual monitor setup, anyways just let me know if you find one.