Thread: Where can i download the software for sansa e250?

Where can i download the software for sansa e250?

At last I bought this new SanDisk Sansa e250, it’s really cool and awesome. I loved all its features and functionalities. Got everything with this music player pack but seems like the necessary software is missing, I mean there is no software related CD or disc inside the pack. Anyways that’s not an issue as I guess they don’t provide any software CD along with the pack.

But now I need all those software that can complete my music player, I need all Sansa e250 software like app software, antivirus, drivers etc. yesterday night when I connected my music player to the pc I guess some virus somehow infected this model so therefore I need to however remove the virus. Please help

Re: Where can i download the software for sansa e250?

I guess its only the firmware update which you need as there is no other software which is required for the e250 related operation. I certainly believe that there is some issue with the firmware but again I think its very much unlikely to say that your firmware has been infected by the virus.

Look, whatever is written in the above post is true; no one can help you out until and unless you specify what software you need. Currently as far as I am concerned there is only firmware and drivers that you are supposed to get from the office site or anywhere else. But if you really need software just to eliminate the virus a virus from your device then I would strictly advice you to first try out other physical activities like resetting your model or some other tricks.

Just visit the sandisk official site, over there below the page you will find the download option, click on it. Once you click on the download option you will be give a driver download wizard, you simply have to select the product name or select the product type and then choose the Operating system you are running on your machine. If done with everything you will be provided with the download link of the driver for your specified device. Or you can directly CLICK HERE and get the things done. Hope this helps you out somehow.

Recently few days ago what happened was due to high temperature around me I was completely wet with sweat and unfortunately I forgot that my sansa e250 was kept inside my shirt pocket which later on I noticed that my device along with the shirt got wet. On the wheel mechanism, screen and the direction wheel sweat was completely covered.

Later on I dried up the device the whole day. However after the incident the device started behaving abnormally, it turns on and off automatically. Whenever I keep it for charging it turns on and off. I can’t even listen to music as it plays only to songs and then suddenly shuts down. When told my friend about it he suggested me to reset the device and check whether I notice any difference, but I am not sure how exactly I should reset it, can anyone let me know the complete steps for resetting e250. Any other related suggestion is also appreciated.

The best solution for drying your wet device is to first take a small bag with handful of rice, then later on place your device inside the bag and then let the rice absorb the moisture. Other than that you can also place the sansa in a warm dry place for few hours or a day. Whenever you pluggin your device for charging it’s obvious that the charging operation is bound to produce some warmth as a normal byproduct which can however proved to be helpful in your case. For resetting you need to press and hold the power button for few seconds.

Does virus infection have too serious impact on the device? I am not sure whether my device has been infected with virus but I am sure all the abnormal symptoms have started occurring only after I disconnected my device from my system. I have a windows XP system and I generally connect my device to it.

But now from past two days I have noticed that my XP system won’t recognize it, and due to this I am also unable to use the firmware update software, also the Sandisk official site say that there is no such e250 existing over there. What should I do?

Firmware updates do sometime helps you from any sort of issue. if you are unable to get the main cause of the issue you can simply try out downloading the firmware updates. If you need to download the firmware update you can probably go to this LINK.

But if you really need software just to eliminate the virus a virus from your device then I would strictly advice you to first try out other physical activities like resetting your model or some other tricks.
    Yeah that’s right better you first try resetting your device, follow the steps to reset it:
    • Press the power button
    • And hold it for some 20 to 30 seconds and then release it
    • Again press the power button and make sure that it turns on