Thread: Anyone importing a HTC One X?

Anyone importing a HTC One X?

I am planning to order this phone but I stay in India where it will be available a bit later. Some online stores haven’t predicted a exact time and date for the release of this phone here in India. So I am thinking to import this phone from elsewhere probably outside the country. If I am able to strike a good deal then I will surely be ordering it from there before I go ahead with that I want to know how many of you all are actually planning to d this? that’s what I want to know from you, if any of you all have got some good deals by ordering it from outside or importing the phone then tell me.

Re: Anyone importing a HTC One X?

I happened to order this phone from handtec for $636(excluding the shipping charges and also the import taxes) still I think I was able to stuck very good deal from there. Lets see how much I would be charged from shipping outside and also the import taxes and all.

Actually I don’t like the idea of importing and all. I stay in US and if my local online stores are offering me then why should I be looking to get it from outside. I will check out the prices in Expansys USA or Negri and will calculate the cost accordingly. Then look for orders.

Even I stay in US and still I went ahead with the handtec only and if you ask me the reason behind the same then I will tell you that there was not much difference In the calculated shipping price of handtec and also the online stores of the US. They were coming close to $681. So price was not a issue at all. Their shipping period is also quite less which is 2-4 days outside UK i.e. for the US customers. This is not the case with the US sellers when I emailed Negri asking them about the detail about the phone they did not even bother to reply to me. So I was stuck as if what I need to do. at the end I made a decision I went ahead and gave a order with handtec only. The good thing is that I just now got a mail from them saying that my product will be available by tomorrow itself. Isn’t that great.

Talking about negri I read a tweet from them saying that they will start selling the products oy by Friday so those who have ordered from there will be able to receive the product by next week.

So how to calculate the estimated shipping price and also the import tax. I happened to check the handtect website and they have mentioned the product price in Indian rupees as Rs.32,447. So what will be the extra shipping charges and also the import duty? Can you please tell me something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prem-Din View Post
    So how to calculate the estimated shipping price and also the import tax. I happened to check the handtect website and they have mentioned the product price in Indian rupees as Rs.32,447. So what will be the extra shipping charges and also the import duty? Can you please tell me something about it.
    Import duty will be charged according to your country rules first confirm from the site people whether they ship their products to india. Yes they have mentioned all over the world in their sites but a better confirmation from them would be better.

As far as the shipping charges is concerned it is levied as per 16 GBP. It might increase. However once confirm with the support staff about the same they would be able to give you a better information about the same. so tell them to give a estimated price of the product and also don’t forget to ask whether they ship the products in your country or not.

Why are you going with the outside online stores. If you check at flipkart then they have clearly mentioned that the phone should be available in the second week of this month and plus the rates are also similar to the one that you have found in handtec, then why are you so excited in getting a phone from outside countries. Shipping from there to your country will take approx. 5-6 days mentioned in the website itself. So by the time the phone reaches your house it will be charged with the import taxes and the shipping charges. The same is not the case with the flipkart who will be starting selling out the phones by that time only and that too with a price much less than that.

One of my friend had got a Sony ericsson Neo V from Dubai well it was a good deal for him. Simply because the phone was available there for Rs.14,000 while here it is available for Rs.18,000. With the price difference itself you can understand how much is the import duty levied over here.

It seems many of them have got this phone already, well many people have already started discussing about their phones and how do they look and all. That’s the difference, some online stores manage to get it early while some don’t. getting the decision right is the wise thing.