Thread: Brand new HTC One X reboots on a random basis and hangs up

Brand new HTC One X reboots on a random basis and hangs up

I was very excited from the day I ordered a HTC One X and was desperately waiting for its day of delivery. It finally arrived yesterday, doubling my excitement to use it. But, unfortunately, if you ask me right now I am not at all satisfied using it. It automatically reboots randomly. It has done over a dozen of times since yesterday. It also hangs up showing a black blank screen and blinking buttons. Also, battery seems to be getting overused, it went down by 10% without using in an hour. This is a panicky situation, trust me on that! I would like all the solution providers to note one thing that the only modification that I’ve made is installing some basic normal applications.

Re: Brand new HTC One X reboots on a random basis and hangs up

Sounds really scary! Considering the fact that even I have booked for an HTC One X, the news that the device is showing such scary symptoms is not at all worth hearing. I just hope, I don’t have to face this.
    Anyways, coming to your issue, you mentioned about installing some applications. But I think you should be deleting them and restoring the factory settings. This should answer your worry, I hope! And please keep us, One X-virgins updated.

Yes! He’s right because certain applications are not optimized to work with ICS. Most application developers are working at this end and trying to make their application compatible with ICS just like Google is trying to customize and release updates that make these applications work fine. So, what you are facing might possibly be a result of that. Try doing the Factory restore and also give it some time to settle down after that. I would like to re-insist on what Aachman said.

The problem is undoubtedly severe. Even If the issue is with ICS and its compatibility and even if things become fine after restoring to factory settings do both of you all mean to say that the user will not be able to download and install any application on it? This is absolutely ridiculous. Even though your panic is justified, I would ask you to be relaxed for now and yeah, the ‘screen going blank’ and ‘keypad blinking’ is a result of kernel panicking. I would like to know your kernel version.

I totally appreciate such prompt discussion with an aim to provide me with an absolutely perfect solution. I am obliged to you guys. But, I feel sad and unfortunately I have to disappoint you all also by informing you all that even 3 rounds of factory restoration has done no good to me. It refuses to work normal.
    I would like to know your kernel version.
    My kernel version is stated below:
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.39.4-g6b459dc
    root@ABM032#1
    SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 19 14.45.27 CST 2012

I don’t know why but I have this strong gutt feeling that the issue is with your battery. I think you should try doing this, guess you missed it and this procedure is very important for any new Smartphone. Just follow what follows:
    - As soon as you get your handset delivers, keep it on charging
    - Make sure it is switched off
    - After which, use the phone to the maximum and do whatever it takes to empty the battery.
    - The phone should shut down on its own.
    - After which, put it again on charging and it should solve the issue once its fully charged

Hey Aalap, I totally agree with your thought of helping fellow users and this forum mates. But I happened to do a detailed research on what you said because this is the first time I heard anything of this sort. Anyways, I got no result that favors your stand. I am not suggesting that you are wrong but I am just expecting some evidence on what you said. If you cannot come up with one and what you said is mere assumption and holds no technical value I request you not to misguide the users and make them a part of your experiments if at all you are interested in one!

Easy guys! And Aalap, what Hamsinil stated is true. If you don’t have enough evidence to support your statement avoid misguiding people who rely on us for answers.
    Even 3 rounds of factory restoration has done no good to me
    No device should behave the way it is doing after factory restoration. You have no other go but to return your device and ask for a new one or a refund if you are done with the HTC experience