Thread: HTC One X sense feature is eating lots of RAM memory

HTC One X sense feature is eating lots of RAM memory

this is one of the best phone that I ever seen , I really like the specs of this phone , but there is something that I like to share here and that is regaring the sense feature that phone comes with , the fact the Sense is RAM hungry. Well I can tell that by the fact that I have quit all the application and still it is showing 694 MB of RAM still used. But that dose not affect the performance of the phone but still that is lot of ram that the sense eats up . what do you guys have to say about this

Re: HTC One X sense feature is eating lots of RAM memory

What is your worries the RAM is supposed to be used and as long as you don’t have any problem with the out of memory issues and the fact that the ram gets freed up when it required and while the incomplete uses of the ram is waste of memory

Well when I had the sensation I never used the task manager. That fact that the task manager is not able to tell the proper amount of RAM used by active applications and that been cached . I guess here in your case its cached app that is using the half of the RAM and that android is empty in the reverse order in case it needed the extra RAM. The best bet to find the ram use is go to the running process in App section in the setting and look the REAL RAM usage.. and if I am not wrong there is a setting that make a pop up message when the ram is less

Well you don’t be needed more than the 300 RAM and most people confused the battery life with the RAM and I like to tell you that the ram used or not will not affect the battery life of the phone.

I like to tell you that you should use the real task killer in place of the built in application that is no good , I must say . just one application that I know advanced task killer which you will be get from the play store that will come handy for you .

Quote Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
    I like to tell you that you should use the real task killer in place of the built in application that is no good , I must say . just one application that I know advanced task killer which you will be get from the play store that will come handy for you .
    I strongly oppose this advanced task killer application for the fact that it drain the battery to the large extent and as well this application make quit services that is required by the application . I just don’t like it , the best option is that use the developer options and then set the limit on the amount of background application that can be run .