Thread: Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 keyboard folio not proper

Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 keyboard folio not proper

I found a particular flaw in the folio case of this particular tablet well let me tell you all what I exactly found it. I got this folio case from the Verizon store and after placing my tablet in that perfectly I can see that the block that is kept for the stylus pen is interfering with the USB power adapter plug into the tablet while in use. Now I don’t understand why didn’t Motorola people think about this before getting this folio, so what do you all have to say about the same? May I know something about it.

Re: Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 keyboard folio not proper

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I found a particular flaw in the folio case of this particular tablet well let me tell you all what I exactly found it. I got this folio case from the Verizon store and after placing my tablet in that perfectly I can see that the block that is kept for the stylus pen is interfering with the USB power adapter plug into the tablet while in use. Now I don’t understand why didn’t people Motorola people think about this before getting this folio, so what do you all have to say about the same? May I know something about it.
    Yes even I was having tough time plugging in the USB power adapter to the tablet because the stylus holder was not allowing me to do so. So ultimately I decided to cut off the stylus holder and then make way for the usb port adapter. Still there is some pressure in the plug but that’s ok. Its not as constraint as the earlier one’s. So if you want you can try this way out. Hope it does work out for you.

That’s it from my side for you all.

I returned the keyboard folio back to the Motorola citing this as the reason that the stylus holder is coming in the middle of the usb power adapter and I happened to check out some of the cases with Incipio model from Verizon. I liked their collections and hence I thought of settling with one of them which I liked. Right now I am having the Incipio models only.

Why to sell of the keyboard folio cases I happened to take a smart move I just changed the usb charger cable. I got Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B (UUSBHAUB1RA) cable from the Amazon and now I can happily charge the tablet without any kind of modifications inside it. so that’s not a worry for me at all. If you all are facing problems with the Motorola keyboard folio then you can try out this usb cable as the alternative. I hope this was useful for you all. That’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawannah View Post
    Why to sell of the keyboard folio cases I happened to take a smart move I just changed the usb charger cable. I got this cable from the Amazon and now I can happily charge the tablet without any kind of modifications inside it. so that’s not a worry for me at all. If you all are facing problems with the Motorola keyboard folio then you can try out this usb cable as the alternative. I hope this was useful for you all. That’s it from my side for you.
    Looking at the product that you have got it raises a question in my mind about the connectivity. Since the wire that you have got are both usb males i.e. USB B male to USB A male. While Xyboard does not have a USB A female. Hence that’s the reason why I had to get this (in the image). Well I had a tough time looking out for this wire but eventually got it from a online store. So do think over here for what I have said here.

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    Yes even I was having tough time plugging in the USB power adapter to the tablet because the stylus holder was not allowing me to do so. So ultimately I decided to cut off the stylus holder and then make way for the usb port adapter. Still there is some pressure in the plug but that’s ok. Its not as constraint as the earlier one’s. So if you want you can try this way out. Hope it does work out for you.

That’s it from my side for you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawannah View Post
    Why to sell of the keyboard folio cases I happened to take a smart move I just changed the usb charger cable. I got this cable from the Amazon and now I can happily charge the tablet without any kind of modifications inside it. so that’s not a worry for me at all. If you all are facing problems with the Motorola keyboard folio then you can try out this usb cable as the alternative. I hope this was useful for you all. That’s it from my side for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by $Nakul$ View Post
    Looking at the product that you have got it raises a question in my mind about the connectivity. Since the wire that you have got are both usb males i.e. USB B male to USB A male. While Xyboard does not have a USB A female. Hence that’s the reason why I had to get this (in the image). Well I had a tough time looking out for this wire but eventually got it from a online store. So do think over here for what I have said here.
    Guys I don’t need to worry about all such issues because I have a third-party high output wall charger with extension cord, so charging the usb devices is not a problem for me at all but as you all are discussing about the inconveniences that you all are facing with the Motorola folio I think Motorola should have thought of adding a convenient usb power adapters like the one that are given above which wouldn’t have interfered with the stylus holders in the folio and hence this confusion wouldn’t have interrupted at all.

Anyways this suggestion from you all will be useful for many of them who are facing problems with the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 keyboard folio.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    Guys I don’t need to worry about all such issues because I have a third-party high output wall charger with extension cord, so charging the usb devices is not a problem for me at all but as you all are discussing about the inconveniences that you all are facing with the Motorola folio I think Motorola should have thought of adding a convenient usb power adapters like the one that are given above which wouldn’t have interfered with the stylus holders in the folio and hence this confusion wouldn’t have interrupted at all.

Anyways this suggestion from you all will be useful for many of them who are facing problems with the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 keyboard folio.
    You are right dude I will be dropping a suggestion to the Motorola team to incorporate these changes in their future products.