Thread: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

I don’t know if I will get answers for my question or not. However I want to know if Ethernet is supported in this tablet or not, that’s what I want to know from you all,. I want the Ethernet support so that I can connect the tablet to an to an HAIPE/Type1 device for a secure wireless connection. So I just want to ask this people out here if anyone has tried Ethernet connectivity in their tablets or not? if you all have given a try then I want to know from you all, as if what is the exact method that you had followed,, do reply on the same. I am waiting for the replies.

Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Quote Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
    I don’t know if I will get answers for my question or not. However I want to know if Ethernet is supported in this tablet or not, that’s what I want to know from you all,. I want the Ethernet support so that I can connect the tablet to an to an HAIPE/Type1 device for a secure wireless connection. So I just want to ask this people out here if anyone has tried Ethernet connectivity in their tablets or not? if you all have given a try then I want to know from you all, as if what is the exact method that you had followed,, do reply on the same. I am waiting for the replies.
    Well if you read the Xyboard user guide properly then it is clearly mentioned that in order to access the Ethernet connectivity in your tablet you should go to the settings and inside it in the wireless and network screen. You will find the "Ethernet settings" and "Ethernet [status]" options out there from there you will need to work out on your own. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellen!camp View Post
    Well if you read the Xyboard user guide properly then it is clearly mentioned that in order to access the Ethernet connectivity in your tablet you should go to the settings and inside it in the wireless and network screen. You will find the "Ethernet settings" and "Ethernet [status]" options out there from there you will need to work out on your own. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here.
    Dude I know that but they haven’t mentioned anything about the RJ45 "jack" in the tablet, so is there any RJ45 "jack" in the tablet? I want to access Ethernet in the tablet via. USB dongle will I be able to do that? What are your words on this?

Please reply.

I have a good news for you all. The good news is that The Android kernel supports Ethernet connectivity but the equal bad news for you is that the Honeycomb OS after 3.2.2 is not supporting the Ethernet adapters. So all I can say is that kernel does supports it but not the OS. Now my hopes are on the ICS. Hope the update would allow me to connect with the Ethernet. That’s what I can hope for.

cool Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Well I have tried connecting my Xyboard with the USB Ethernet adapter and I have seen that it works perfectly in my case. However just want to inform you all that my tablet is running on a Android 3.2 and is completely updated.

unsure Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    Well I have tried connecting my Xyboard with the USB Ethernet adapter and I have seen that it works perfectly in my case. However just want to inform you all that my tablet is running on a Android 3.2 and is completely updated.
    Ok that’s a great news but can you tell me which adapter and cables have you used while connecting, that will be better for me. It is very important to know that without which I cant proceed ahead. Hoping to get some replies from you all on this.

Ok that’s a great news but can you tell me which adapter and cables have you used while connecting, that will be better for me. It is very important to know that without which I cant proceed ahead. Hoping to get some replies from you all on this.
    Here is a link for the adapter do order it from the online store and as far as the question of the cable is concerned then I would say you better use the right angle OTG cable since they are less prone to being broken off from the bottom end of the tablet. if you need to have a look at the wire then you can check out the following link you will get all the necessary information accordingly. I hope its fine and clear for you.