Thread: Best Keyboard settings for Blackberry Storm 9500

Best Keyboard settings for Blackberry Storm 9500

Recently I have read an article where it descried that there is a keyboard settings which can make the keyboard to work much better. But reviews seem quite depressed. I don’t agree with that because I am impressed very much about it. The settings are as follows:
    • First of all Open the BB menu.
    • Go to ‘Options’> 'Screen/Keyboard' and select >'Touchscreen'.
    • There you have to increase the following things:

• Tap Interval to 500.
    • Hover Period to 1000.
    • Swipe Sensitivity to High (6).
    • Key Rate to Fast."
    Reply me with your feedback now.

Re: Best Keyboard settings for Blackberry Storm 9500

I assume that this one is the best and truly supportive. I type a lot and very quickly. I really hate the thing when the keypad becomes unresponsive. So I have been looking for a way or settings to increase the productivity of the touchscreen . I wanted to type like I used to type on my BB curve. I hope that this setting will be really helpful.

It's been a while since I research about these settings on the keyboard. For my part I have followed your settings and parameters actually I do not recognize my keyboard as it was improved! I assume that the screen touch speed and response time is completely depends on the hover setting. However if you set it to 1000 as suggested by that person, you might need to hold the key for a while in order to edit something. I have set it to 400 now and I am thinking about trying it at 300 or 200.

Here are my settings for my Storm keyboard and it works perfectly. It may need some time to learn about these new settings and become familiar.
    • Tap Interval to 100.
    • Hover Period to 100.
    • Swipe Sensitivity to High (6).
    • Key Rate to Fast."

The first edition of the BB storms (9500) had to contend with long display problems. They were pretty much fixed by updates (which were initially very hesitant). It also speaks of the failure to resolve a reboot. Under settings - info - can you read 3rd line software version. Max would be v5.0.0.1005, vodafone offers itself as a stable version to v5.0.0.841.

The BlackBerry Storm 1 is a touchscreen is indeed controlled by a micro switch under the screen, there is a relatively hard pressure point and you click the touch screen almost to the bottom. That's especially fast and precise writing almost impossible. The new Storm, the principle of the touch screen is set up differently. Instead of a pressure point below the screen is the screen on the BlackBerry Storm 2 is incorporated by two glass plates in a layer of piezoelectric crystals. When you stroke your finger across a body of Displays, the registered screen and can enter in the appropriate places Storm flow through the piezoelectric crystals. This vibrates the screen at this point and you feel a physical and tactile feedback.

Here is what I have experienced with the BB storm Tap Interval and Hover Period
    • Tap Interval: it is actually the time or Amount of time that is set between taps to address a double tap. This double tap features can be easily noticed depending the setting you have and you can change it according to your needs.
    • Hover Period: is the time required to hover over. It means the amount of time required to keep the finger on the touch screen before activating hover features. Hover Period of 1000, these features are clearly sluggish. (My setting is: 200)

Now Storm 2 touchscreen in function feels the display is "soft" as soon as the screen or the phone is off, the screen feels hard like glass. In fact, the touch screen is always hard, the perceived change results only from the haptic feedback of the current-carrying piezoelectric crystals. This piezo principle can be simulated altitude. You glide your finger across the touch screen keyboard, you have the feeling, touching a physical keyboard, it feels so right, the individual keys. In that they must no longer press down with your finger to trigger an action, including faster write on the BlackBerry Storm 2 will be possible.