Thread: Long Lasting Battery for Sony VAIO PCG-7R2L

Long Lasting Battery for Sony VAIO PCG-7R2L

I have been using the Sony PCG-7R2L Laptop. Few days ago original battery went dead. Now I want to replace it with a new one but this time I need to get the better one which can last long and can provide better backup. At least 3 to 4 hours before recharging. Are there any suggestions over this?

Re: Long Lasting Battery for Sony VAIO PCG-7R2L

As far as I know that this laptop was released in the year 2006 or so. So I think that it is really really hard to find OEM batteries for that laptop. So now you have only one option, you have to carry out your work using extended batteries that actually live up to their ratings. I am still searching for it and I could not able to find the solution yet.

One user already said that it is really hard to find batteries of old model laptop but don’t worry. Some old laptops are still compatible with newer batters of other models. You should look for them manually and check on your own. However don’t go for third party ones because to get them work, you might need to do a BIOS upgrade. So always choose official Sony batteries. It is also too risky about running third party batteries. There are 2 choices in batteries: S for standard capacity and L for large capacity. I think that L battery 50% is heavier than S but offers 50% more life.

Before searching for a replacement battery you should always know about the part number of previous one so that you can get the compatible one. To get it, first take out the battery and see what number it is. It should be something like VGP-BPLXX or VGP-BPSXX replaces XX with numbers. I assume that last letter refers to the color. After doing some amount of research I finally able to found that Model VGN-FE770G or VGP-BPL2C are compatible with Sony Vaio PCG-7R2L laptop.

The VAIO consume a small amount of battery power even when they are completely extinguished. This feature is characteristic of the model and can not be changed. To keep your notebook and keep the same level of battery power, remove the battery.

Note: The boot process is energy-intensive and can consume a considerable amount of battery charge.